Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I got HiPers coming from Alex. Going with the Efx's motoclaws. 27" or 30's? Riding style is trails. Not slow but not to fast. Some road riding to get from here to there. Of course trail mud but not a bogger. And of course O gotta keep up with all my buddies in their manders. We like to open them up at times lol...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Of course size matters. ALWAYS! :big smile:

Reactions: sprinks542

·
Registered
175 Posts
28s best compromise imo

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have the 30 inch motoclaws on mine i like them so far. I do the exact same riding you do to.

·
Registered
725 Posts
28s ftw :) 30s are nice but do put more stress on the drivetrain. I went with 28s for now was really thinking 30s at first

·
Registered
395 Posts
All I know is I have the 27x10x14 on mine. Next to the stock Bighorns you can't tell the difference. I love them on the trail, I tested them in WV for about 25 miles, GREAT TIRE for traction and stability, and your not going to puncture the side wall. The guy behind me said I was throwing dirt and rocks 25 ft back at him. Sprinks I will have these tires at Alex's shop tomorrow. If you want them, you can't tell that they are not brand new. I will take $450 shipped to you. That's 200 cheaper then I paid for 25 miles. If so I will leave them with Alex. We are testing the Fox 2.0's all day tomorrow. The only reason I'm selling, I need something a little lighter maybe 6 ply to race with. I do know this, even the 27's without power steering is a handful to steer in the woods. I can't imagine the 30's without power steering.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Of course size matters. ALWAYS! :big smile:
I had to start a post on that subject for responses. Needed imput on the tires. Lol.... I opened myself for this one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All I know is I have the 27x10x14 on mine. Next to the stock Bighorns you can't tell the difference. I love them on the trail, I tested them in WV for about 25 miles, GREAT TIRE for traction and stability, and your not going to puncture the side wall. The guy behind me said I was throwing dirt and rocks 25 ft back at him. Sprinks I will have these tires at Alex's shop tomorrow. If you want them, you can't tell that they are not brand new. I will take $450 shipped to you. That's 200 cheaper then I paid for 25 miles. If so I will leave them with Alex. We are testing the Fox 2.0's all day tomorrow. The only reason I'm selling, I need something a little lighter maybe 6 ply to race with. I do know this, even the 27's without power steering is a handful to steer in the woods. I can't imagine the 30's without power steering.
Stevemen, when comparing them to the stockers (horns 2.0) is there a height difference? Do the 27's run true? Am I gaining any clearance? Yours are 27x10x14's right? All four?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That's another question, people trail riding with 30's, do you struggle to keep pace with others? I do have power steering.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Alex you think the 30's hurt performance at all? im wanting to get tires and wheels after shocks but with a stock clutch i dont think 30's would work to good. im running the sand dunes and dont want to run paddles. im thinking about going 28x10's all the way around? but if 30's dont mess with perfomance id go with them for a little more flotation and probably a little better ride.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
28s best compromise imo
I thought the same thing. Efx only makes a 28 in 15" though. My other tire was the itp blackwaters but not sure about that tire.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Stevemen, when comparing them to the stockers (horns 2.0) is there a height difference? Do the 27's run true? Am I gaining any clearance? Yours are 27x10x14's right? All four? Yes all four 27x10x14
No your not gaining any height from the stockers. Yes they are all the same size. Let me see if I can find you a picture to compare. IMG_0804.JPG IMG_0801.JPG Sprinks, there is a big group of us going to Ashland WV on the 28th of this month if you can make it.

Let me know if your are interested.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stevemen, need a couple days on the tires please. Trying to decide on sizing. Will not make the 28th trip to Ashland Wv. Group of us heading down in may I believe. Thanks though.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Sprinks don't forget about the roctanes have a few guys I have ridden with that have them.. Impressive tire also was my second choice and they come in 28s

·
Registered
649 Posts
I run 28 10 14 mongerals all 4 on Hipers...and I haul ass...love them and ran them all winter in shitty mud and snow. Work awesome...perfect size...With my clutch u can still tell they are tjere and u WILL wear out ball joints bushings racks and brakes faster...

Sent from My wicked Bad Note 3 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
649 Posts
That is if u ride any real miles...last three weeks I did 500 miles...for comparison

·
Registered
649 Posts
I almost went with those Moto MTC tires...I really like the new roctane XS but they don't have 14" think they are a perfect ballance

1 - 20 of 45 Posts