Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I was wondering to , mine feels stronger but not 100% for sure, I heard they get faster around 25hours also , idk !

·
Registered
266 Posts
I didn't notice any difference either.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
As with any engine...when things "break in" they loosen up and rotating mass ect isn't working so hard to rotate....It is possible you feel more as it wears in...To be expected which is a good thing!!!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I think the rumor was the ecu had been per programmed to be slightly down on power during the first ten hour breaking period. Following that the ecu would automatically revert to normal programming which would provide full power. Question is, is that rumor or fact? I wouldn't know since most of the trails I rode the first ten hours I didn't push it hard. Wanted to break it in moderately. Only floored it for the first time at 11 hours to see if it was holding rpm during shift. I think only the people who ride dunes regularly or race would notice any difference if there were any change.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I absolutely noticed the starter spins faster (which is probably due to wear in), but I can tell a difference in performance as well.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
They say they take sum timing out first 10 hours

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have broken in a renegade and outlander 800 and spent quite a bit of time before 10 hours on my dad's commander 1000 and I would say without a doubt I have noticed a difference on every one.

·
Vendor
146 Posts
We felt the same thing on our Commander, I swear at the 10 hr mark it ran better. Lot of talk about it on the Commander forums back then but don't remember if it was ever confirmed or not?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys I'm only at 6 hours I'm using the black key but have been staying under 50, can't wait to get a few more hours and drop it off for 10 hour and let her rip......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts