Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Local guy that does the wheels for the dealership I work for. Thought they might hook me up but they aren’t doing me any favors, that’s for sure. I think I’m gonna go with the SB6 by system 3 (I wrote sb7 in my original post but I was looking at the sb6 the whole time). To coat the wheel white and the ring teal they want 250-275 per wheel. The wheels are about 200 each prolly just go with the black or gray and have the rings powder coated white. Then maybe one day down the road when I’m feeling rich, I’ll nut up the $1000 for PC.
Rip off.

Find a new powder coater

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Powder coating is in the works. I have a friend that does some powder coating on the side but he was worried his oven wouldn’t fit wheels. They do fit. He was gonig to charge me $150 a wheel and do some custom work, like make the inlaid lettering teal, the wheels white, and the bead lock rings teal, all with a clear on top. Then I decided I’d do my sand wheels also. We came to an agreement that works for both of us. I bought him a $850 gun (hyper smooth 03 LED system) , a couple tools like a hooks, canisters etc and all the powder I will need for my stuff and he will do my stripping, bead blasting and powder coat as I need it. All in, I spent about $1100 and he’s doing both sets of rims and a couple little pieces. It will really pay off when I eventually get my cage, a arms and trailing arms. I’ll probably do my RZR wheels and other stuff on that car too but I’m not in a hurry to do that since that car is just a buddy car so I can take friends when I don’t have anyone to ride with. I try not to spend to much money on that car. I will post pics when I get them done and mounted. Hopefully by next weekend.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looking for a set of white wheels for my dirt tires. 21 X3 XRS RR. Looking for a 15” 5+1 or 6+1 offset with a bead lock. I had planned on buying a set (kmc granades or system 3 sb7) and then having them powder coated but the PC will cost more than the wheel. If I could find a decent looking white wheel, I could have just the ring powder coated and that would make the cost more manageable.
I'll paint that shit with a rattle can for ja, mang!!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts