527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
What part of Indiana are you from? I run a shop that's 2 hours South of Evansville, I'd be glad to help out. PM me if you're anywhere close. I may be heading up to Indy in a couple weeks to pick up a customers Cobra.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have a Froghead console mounted in my Mav. It's the one they had on eBay for $99. 1/2 off. I installed four MB Quart 6 1/2 marine speakers and driving them with an Alpine 9886. With my Ipod this setup freakin rocks. We'll see how it holds up at Dumont over Presidents Day weekend. I was also thinking about changing head unit to a Fusion MS-RA50 with the gimble mount and BT so I can have my glovebox back.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Froghead console mounted in my Mav. It's the one they had on eBay for $99. 1/2 off. I installed four MB Quart 6 1/2 marine speakers and driving them with an Alpine 9886. With my Ipod this setup freakin rocks. We'll see how it holds up at Dumont over Presidents Day weekend. I was also thinking about changing head unit to a Fusion MS-RA50 with the gimble mount and BT so I can have my glovebox back.
Got any pic's?? Sounds like a nice setup.. So help me out here, The froghead console is the head unit? the alpine is the amp? Let me ask this, If I'm reading other post right, some people are running a type of amp that their Ipod can plug into right? So therefor you'd not need a head unit? How do you match up what watt amp with what size speakers?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Check them out at frogheadindustries.com they look like they are trying to copy the ssv works overhead system.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Yea.... I bought there junk...it worked good for a bit then no longer.....The guy that owns company is a dick.....Shit broke when i got and he wouldn't fix it....i would go with something different

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well I just bought the blank console, cut my own holes, added some MB Quarts and wired to the Alpine radio, which I just put in the glove box. I had good communication with someone who worked there to get correct clamps. I paid less than 200 for the console after purchasing the speakers on sale too. The radio I had previously taken out of another vehicle. I want to replace the Alpine head unit(radio) with a newer unit that has digital amps that draw a lot less power. The new Fusion marine equipment has digital amps and some of the top rated. I also added a AGM battery made to fit a Mazda Miata in the storage area under drivers seat.
IMG_0810.JPG IMG_0811.jpg IMG_0804.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dang that's pretty good deal I'm gunna order one. That's a whole lot better then 299 to upgrade my current system

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Where did you get the blank console from? That's pretty nice!! I may just go with a SSV, I just want it to be loud and sound good! Just not sure if its going to be strong sounding as I want it

·
Registered
403 Posts
Anything that doesn't have an external amp isn't going to be loud. It may be loud sitting still, but that turns to distortion and noise when you're moving. Head unit amps are about 7 watts per channel in reality, and most don't have a crossover to filter out the lower frequencies.

·
Registered
403 Posts
This is what mine consists of: WS-420 in the dash, SW-650's in the kick panels, SS10 in passenger floor board, Bluetooth input to the pre-amp, SD6 amp under hood, Rev8's on the tower.

·
Registered
446 Posts
SidexSide audio is the best I have heard. Here is pics of my setup and it runs around $600. 300 watt amp, and marine grade speakers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts