Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I recently bought a 2013 Maverick from Fun Bike Center in San Diego this Past June 2013. I was stoked and couldn't wait to take it to the dunes. My First trip was to Pismo Beach, wasn't gonna wait till the end of October to go dunning at Buttercup with it, Due to the heat. I had no idea what was going on with the clutch issues until It happened to me. I was the only Maverick in the dunes with a line of about 8 RZR's. I was coming up the side of a bowl and snap......There it went. Everybody stopped to see what happened, I was in gear giving it gas, and nothing was happening, naturally everybody started saying its the belt, which I already knew cause I herd it snap. You could tell my Maverick was Brand new, and everybody was asking how many hours do you have on it ?? I told them it only had 7 hours on it, they all started bashing the Maverick calling it a piece of shit, saying should of bought a Polaris. At this point what can I say, I still needed a tow back to camp. One of the RZR's volunteered to tow me back, when we hooked the rope up, everybody whipped their phone out and was snapping pictures, laughing, saying got the evidence. I pushed a RZR back to camp with a rope in disgrace. When I got it back to Fun Bike Center they acted like, ohh, yeah, theres a recall its all covered,We'll take care of it.....and they did, But what pisses me off is, If they knew there was a recall, Why the hell wasn't it fixed before it left the dealership. I would like to know when the recall was announced before I start making complaints to the BBB and Can Am. I Was also wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience with a brand new unit that wasn't fixed before it left the dealership

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
july 18th I think not sure , they extended the cvt warranty to a full year also

don't worry get ur chit back get sum paddles and go smoke them rzr's !

get a alba belt temp gauge and keep an eye on the cvt box temp, u can add a hi power air pump to keep it cool also ,

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
don't sweat it, I know it was red face time, but at days end you have the better machine and they know it, that is whay they were so hot fired to snap pictures, and rib ya. been there myself, got my dodge pulled out of the lake by a ford with pictures taken also. ( ever since then I have owned 4x4....lol) bought my max july 23, had recall on bolt and was not done. its in getting done as we speak. yes it should be checked before it leaves dealer for any issues, regardless of what yoru buying

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Bought mine in march and I still haven't haven't heard from them. My brp clutch is in a box though, so not really sweating it. Like to know what starter I have though. Think that's included in the recall also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts