Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Below is a chart from adding ONLY a Dobeck Gen 4 fuel controller to a bone stock machine. I found the stock system to be slightly rich but pretty dang close. So by setting the cruise AFR to 13.5 and wide open throttle AFR to 13 which it held it at perfectly we gained about 1hp overall. Is this enough to go out and buy one from us? Not in my opinion but if you want to make sure your air/fuel is spot on 24/7 this will hold it where you want it and give you a reading of where it is running.

You however have to let the stock EFI system let it do it's thing below 6000 rpm which equates to about 36mph when cruising and has no affect on wide open throttle. The stock system with it's narrow band O2 sensors only corrects below this point and best to let it do it anyway. Plus even if you try with any fuel controller the stock system will pull it right back. Point is, leave anything below this point alone besides it affects nothing as far as performance is concerned anyway.

Next use of the controller will be Muzzy pipe. I will remove the controller, run the muzzy without it just to see what kind of fueling is needed, do a run then add the controller to get it where it should be.

But before I do the Muzzy I need one, it should be on the way so next part to test is the Dalton clutch kit. Hopefully tomorrow I will get it done.

Todd

·
Registered
853 Posts
Awesome Todd, thanks for trying to push the HP out these Mavs. This is more important then ever with the new RZR coming out. I feel like when I bought the first Commander and 3 months later was crushed by the XP 900.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
good results i bet with the exhuast you will need the controller to get the most gain. We will see.
I agree, since the exhaust will get rid of the cat which restricts flow

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'd bet a cat delete would be as good or close as the Muzzy full setup.
I bet it would be close since the cat is part of the pipes, but the mufflers may effect it also.
The other benefit is weight reduction. I was told the stock exhaust is 28 lbs heavier!!!

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have my stock exhaust sitting on my bench with the cat removed if you want to borrow it for testing.
I am not sure how to answer this without it being about money when it is really about time. Since we don't sell cross over pipes the information is just good to know stuff. Only two of us here so time is limited to what I can do. Thanks for the offer though.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Todd,

Did you ever do your test with the Muzzy system installed? I just got my Dobeck Gen 4 AFR+ today and now I can install my full Muzzy's system. I also have a TurnKey UTV Race Air Intake. Just curious what the dyno might have said with this setup if you happened to have run it. Also, I watched your video on the Doebeck setup on the RZR but what settings have you found work the best on the Maverick engine? Here is what I was thinking about starting out with:

Mode 1 = leave alone as-per DP
Mode 2 = 13.5
Mode 3 = 12.5
Mode 4 = 12.0
Mode 5 = leave alone as-per DP
Mode 6 = 12.5

Anyone else running the Dobeck Gen4 AFR+.....I would be interested in what your running as well.....

Reactions: Snapper692

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Todd,

Did you ever do your test with the Muzzy system installed? I just got my Dobeck Gen 4 AFR+ today and now I can install my full Muzzy's system. I also have a TurnKey UTV Race Air Intake. Just curious what the dyno might have said with this setup if you happened to have run it. Also, I watched your video on the Doebeck setup on the RZR but what settings have you found work the best on the Maverick engine? Here is what I was thinking about starting out with:

Mode 1 = leave alone as-per DP
Mode 2 = 13.5
Mode 3 = 12.5
Mode 4 = 12.0
Mode 5 = leave alone as-per DP
Mode 6 = 12.5

Anyone else running the Dobeck Gen4 AFR+.....I would be interested in what your running as well.....
I only recommend adjusting the yellow and red sections. Only other setting I would mess with is the switch point from yellow to red in the case that at cruising say at 50 the gauge was showing red. The numbers on the gauge do NOT represent anything when you are changing switch point, you are simply using the buttons to move it up or down.

When adjusting the yellow and red sections, the yellow only light is lit up and the red only light is lit up.

Keep in mind during normal operation the blue light lights up with the green, yellow and red but it does not mean anything except it is working. Don't get it confused with adjustment mode like changing the switch point in the example of yellow and blue lights on during adjustment.

Todd

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I only recommend adjusting the yellow and red sections. Only other setting I would mess with is the switch point from yellow to red in the case that at cruising say at 50 the gauge was showing red. The numbers on the gauge do NOT represent anything when you are changing switch point, you are simply using the buttons to move it up or down.

When adjusting the yellow and red sections, the yellow only light is lit up and the red only light is lit up.

Keep in mind during normal operation the blue light lights up with the green, yellow and red but it does not mean anything except it is working. Don't get it confused with adjustment mode like changing the switch point in the example of yellow and blue lights on during adjustment.

Todd
Todd,

Thanks for the feedback....I understand all of the settings and such. I was basically asking if you had a recommendation for the AFR values for the yellow and Red modes. I watched your video on the Polaris RZR and you seem to like 13.5 for the yellow and 13.0 for the red but wasn't sure if the Maverick responded better to some other AFR values. Also, when you posted up the dyno results, you said you tried different values and didn't see much difference. What values did you end up using?

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Todd,

Thanks for the feedback....I understand all of the settings and such. I was basically asking if you had a recommendation for the AFR values for the yellow and Red modes. I watched your video on the Polaris RZR and you seem to like 13.5 for the yellow and 13.0 for the red but wasn't sure if the Maverick responded better to some other AFR values. Also, when you posted up the dyno results, you said you tried different values and didn't see much difference. What values did you end up using?
Same 13.5 and 13, that is pretty generic for us

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks Todd...I assume an intake and full exhaust would not change this setting either correct?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks Todd....sorry for the million questions. I appreciate the help!

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Do you have these in stock?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts