Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Same as the stock locations. Sorry you need to add a new one.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got to add one so I'll have a total of 3. I called Nate and he said put it in the collector right where they merge from 2 pipes into 1 just before the cans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've got to add one so I'll have a total of 3. I called Nate and he said put it in the collector right where they merge from 2 pipes into 1 just before the cans

Where did you get yours from? With air intake from turnkey and alba exhaust I kinda noticed a hesitation in the power in high rpms.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it from Nate at alba. Best price around and he's a good dude. The exhaust is legit IMHO

·
Registered
725 Posts
So your getting all of this at once? Why not just use stock location, might be a stupid question lol

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Thats only measuring one cylinder if you do that.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I use a stock o2 bung the stock sensor that I take out will throw a check engine code and I'm not diggin that. I'm prissy when it comes to check engine lights in anything I own. It uses all 3 of the o2 sensors along with the injectors to get the fuel mixture that you dictate at certain rpms

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
yes 12''s or so from mufflers right where the stock cat is 2into 1 area is what hes saying

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If you still have the stock cat, it needs to be mounted before the cat
He does not have the cat anymore. He is running alba's cat delete exhaust

·
Registered
85 Posts
So if u buy a Gen 4 dobeck and run your stock exhaust u still have to weld a bung in?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do believe. You can pull one of the stock o2 sensors out and put the dobeck one on but you'll have a check engine light on all the time

·
Registered
85 Posts
Anybody have a for sure answer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
guys, you all are correct. above 6000 rpms the mavericks do not use the stock o2 sensors and are a base tune. so if you have done mods to your motor, you are starving for fuel. the dobeck gen 4 can be programmed to only work after/ at 6000 rpms to redline. this will read the a/f each time the injector fires and make changes. real world changes just like the factory system does under 6000 rpms. it works great. for the guys that dont care about the check engine light, you can run the gen 4 for the entire rpm band, idle to redline. another thing that you guys can do is get a gen 3 programmer that will only work for over 6000 rpms, and tune only the red zone, and it can be programmed to only come on then, rpm based, and not load based. lots of options over the power commanders.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts