Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw them in their catalog. Seem to be good from what I can read there. The interesting part is they mention a removable upper mount point so you can still remove the seats. I am not sure if it is a quick disconnect or just a buckle strap you have to undo.

How do the other straps connect to the harness bar? Are they tough to get undone?

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Can Am harnesses are good in my opinion. They are made by Pro Armor and have both Pro Armor and Can Am tags on them. They have a hook system that is easy to undo if you get a harness bar that is set up for hooks. Otherwise you need to take the hooks off and just loop the belt around the harness bar. Be careful when you choose a harness bar. I have a 2013 Mav and The Can Am bar doesn't fit. You need to go aftermarket if you want a bar for a 2013. If you have a 2014 the Can Am bar is great.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have the PRP 5 pt harness. My lap belt straps are quick dissconects and my shoulder strap wrap around the harness bar with a buckle. IMO the only advantage to the quick disconnect should straps is that you dont have to readjust them every time you remove the seat. I was going to go the QD type but I didnt like the having the harness so far back from my seats. I still have the buckles and can add them later if I want.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have the can am harness bar. I really like it. It has mounts to bolt or quick latch the belts in. I used 2200# quick links on the shoulder straps. 2 per side so you will need 4 of them. The bar also has gussets in the bends. And mounts to the front bar of the rear cage. All in all a nice bar v

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Can Am harnesses are good in my opinion. They are made by Pro Armor and have both Pro Armor and Can Am tags on them. They have a hook system that is easy to undo if you get a harness bar that is set up for hooks. Otherwise you need to take the hooks off and just loop the belt around the harness bar. Be careful when you choose a harness bar. I have a 2013 Mav and The Can Am bar doesn't fit. You need to go aftermarket if you want a bar for a 2013. If you have a 2014 the Can Am bar is great.
Do you by chance have a pic of the harness hooks?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just bought the Can Am harnesses myself and really like them. As others say the 2" seem best for me, especially with the kids. Anyway, here's a picture of the hooks at the (top) end of them.

hook.jpeg

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just picked my Can am harnesses yesterday with the Can am harness bar. Will install today. :cool2:

·
Registered
725 Posts
I wish the turnkey bar had the mounting tabs got the 3" harness but I believe the 2" would have been better

·
Registered
94 Posts
Cool. The installation is more complicated that you might expect as have to remove quite a few of the trim panels. A little tip: I was able to keep the panel behind the seat in place and get to the bolt for the receiving end of the factory belt by only removing a few points of attachment nearest the receiving end. I got my harness bar and passenger belt installed in about 90 minutes and plan to tackle the drivers side today. You'll probably need a second set of hands for the harness bar install. I think it is a nice set-up. Fun stuff!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I wish the turnkey bar had the mounting tabs got the 3" harness but I believe the 2" would have been better
I believe your right. I got the three inch and I like them don't get me wrong but the two inch would have been more comfortable I think. The three inch is a little cumbersome. Especially around the neck area.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got them both installed along with the bar. On driver side I removed the side of the center tunnel. I was able to get a 5/8" wrench on one side and a socket on the other. On the passenger side I had to remove the side center tunnel and the panel up under the seat.
It will take some getting used to but I am glad they are 2" vs 3". The 2" is plenty wide!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry to interrupt but could you guys post some pictures of your harnesses and bars installed ! Would love to see all the differences and similarities.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Just installed the new dragonfire harness bracket that mounts just in front of the rear upper shock mounts. 2 bolts in each bracket and it's in. Takes less than 10 minutes. And it allows quick removal of the harnesses and seats

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Just installed the new dragonfire harness bracket that mounts just in front of the rear upper shock mounts. 2 bolts in each bracket and it's in. Takes less than 10 minutes. And it allows quick removal of the harnesses and seats
Those are really nice. I like that option vs the bar.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
When ordering from TurnKey, you just have to request for tabs. Did take a little longer, cause at that time they did not have tabbed ones powder coated.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I have the harness bar with the quick release although the belts I ended up purchasing PRP I didn't need the quick release tabs , however they work great for strapping in my tool box other needed tools(hand saw)..

·
Registered
728 Posts
I screwed up and ord'd canam harness and bar when I bought the xds about a month ago. So far all I have is the passenger side harness. Just called again and was told the bar and drivers harness is available in May.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Can-Am 4 point harness for sale it is used but in good condition. $75 plus shipping from Nevada. PM if you are interested.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts