Registered
400 Posts
Samsung galaxy 3 8". Yes on topo with labels Forrest service road numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome, thanks for all the info....

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just run my iPhone 4s and Motion X GPS Software. Same deal, download maps ahead of time for an area and if no service is avail you will have the maps. Added a RAM mount to hold the iPhone. iPhone is also connected to the stereo. Plus just plug it into the 12V charger. Works great.

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rio-
I'm thinking of going with the 7" tablet too but I'd be using a ram mount on the passenger grab bar. I'm a little concerned about the weight making it move around. Do you get any movement / have to re tighten? Are you using the 1" ball on the ram or the bigger one?

Sent from my iPad using Off-Road Forums

·
Registered
244 Posts
i use the Montana 680T with the on X hunt maps they are awesome

Reactions: iam_canadian22

·
Registered
129 Posts
Use a Garmin LM55 and a Samsung 7" tablet

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a garmin 610t. It's small, got to stop to look at it and the tiny screen gets dusty fast. We were going up to sugar loaf and the track feature lost me so it just drew a straight line from the last position it knew I was. Pretty frustrating. We were at 5500-6000 feet with little to no obstructions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use a skypro xgps160 in conjunction with my ipad for flying airplanes. Transmits via Bluetooth to the ipad.

Turns out ModArmor makes a case that for this exact GPS unit that attaches to my rollcage. So I purchased it, ran a permanent charging wire, and upgraded to ipad with more off-road friendly software. Works like a champ.

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
The professionals all use Lowrance. There's a good reason for that.
They also drive SXS's that cost 100k and off road trucks approaching 700k.

There are plenty of decent GPS setups that are much more user friendly and cost effective.

I heard this same line when I used a Garmin in my sand car.

" It won't last" " off road is to harsh for automotive gps" etc etc.

I had the first one for 5 years and it still works. Only put in a new one so it has back up camera capability.

While there is no disputing Lowrance is top notch, I like my Garmin, it works has more features and is cheaper. Tim

·
Registered
127 Posts
I use the Garmin InReach. I spend a lot of time outside of cell service. I haven't needed for an emergency, but I text my buddies from it. They get a link in the text and it opens up a map with a pin at my location. It's pretty cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
i have a garmin dakota 20, dont use it for trails too much, other than marking my tracks though. i have been tossing the idea of getting a 5" or 7" and using it on the sled and the sxs but just havent pulled the trigger.

i think i will miss the map reading portion of a ride. i can make decisions on which way i want to go on the fly that way. esp where i ride, there are different routes to go to a destination so it allows a variety.

just my .02 though,
steve

·
Registered
Can am maverick sport dps 2019
1 Posts
If you have a maverick sport/trail with the extra air conditioning from can am there should already be a gps mounting spot.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts