Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my upper ball joint popped out when I was riding and I'm wondering does this look hollowed out? The reason I ask is because I'm able to hit the old one in all the way with just a hammer. I ordered new upper ball joints but what concerns me now is that it's just going to pop off again. I don't remember if I put the clip on or not and that's why it popped off but me being able to lightly tap it n for it to seat all the way is concerning tell me what you think. Should I put the new one in with the clip and let it ride or get a new upper? My new uppers ball joints don't come in until tomorrow and I'm hoping that I can't tap it in with a hammer and it needs to be pressed in and my old one is just shot. Again I can't recall if I put the clip in or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the new ones showed up tracking said tommorow but they showed today. I couldn't put it in by hand so that was a good sign.. I froze the new one and heated the upper area and pounded the new one in. I made sure the clip seated correctly. I'll finish putting the axle in tomorrow and test drive it. Thanks for the help gents.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
update: I did have to press the new one in so I think the problem was me trying to use a blow hammer, heat and ice and didn't have it seated all the way and did not have the clip on or have it on correctly. I ended up pressing the new one in with a ball joint press. Made sure the clip was seated correctly and went and romped on it. I hit a few holes hard enough to make me get out and look and she is still good to go. Thank you for all the suggestions and vide much appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts