Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alex, Been looking at your complete shock rebuild that uses dual rate springs but I'm not sure I need all that since I don't normally ride that hard. All I'm really looking at is a more plush ride while cruising along but still be able to handle a relatively hard hit along without bottoming in the g outs. I don't see myself blasting 3' whoops at 60 but I don't want to have the car bucking at 30 to 40 mph in 2' whoops.
Seems like there's been a couple on here who have had your shock rebuild done but I don't recall what their opinion was after the work.
Since you're offering an August special on the full rebuild is there a price break on the basic re valve?

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I'm not offering anything for the front because most don't have any complaints about it. I do offer a rear shock that slightly softens the compression but dramatically changes the rebound found here for $200
http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/41-ct-racing/2354-rear-shock-revalve.html
That's the direction I would go and that's the best bang for the buck. Also it's the fastest with a one day turn around time so I can get them back to you fast. Just make sure they're CLEAN.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I am still curoius about this also. However I'm running 2" spacers on my car which seems to have softened up the suspension quite a bit. I am all the way out on compression but now may need to add some back to stop bottoming out. I don't remember what my reboud is set at. I'll check.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So is the shock revalve the same 'spec'as what you offer for the deluxe dual rate spring setup or is it different since it retains the stock springs and does it also include fabbing the air valve on so nitrogen level can be adjusted easily?

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
No, the valving is completely different. I do use a very similar rebound in the rear so you could technically run the dual rate setup but the compression valving will probably be too much and beat you up. On the $200 deal I don't generally add the schrader valve but I can if needed. I have extra caps here so everything is just a simple swap whenever I do them.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I am still curoius about this also. However I'm running 2" spacers on my car which seems to have softened up the suspension quite a bit. I am all the way out on compression but now may need to add some back to stop bottoming out. I don't remember what my reboud is set at. I'll check.
The width won't make that big off a difference. Im 69" wide due to the 4+3 offset in my wheels and it doesn't change things too much, you'll just have to use the adjusters. Since you are a little wider the compression change wont as necessary but the rebound adjustment will.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I run 4+3 also , how did u measure 69'' wide ?

im only 67'' wide,

·
Registered
115 Posts
Guys, After spending $5-600 a weekend for dune trips and 10 or 12 trips fighting my PoPo Xp900s suspension, I'm biting the bullet and having Alex do the dual rate and valving on mine. While my maverick is faster in the rough it still beats the crap out of me running the whoops. Don't get me wrong $200 to do a re-valve is a smoking deal, but for $1250 he's doing 8 new springs for dual rates and a full re-valve for all 4 shocks..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts