Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debating on exhaust full or slip on. Does a slip on eliminate the cat? Would i still have to tune my machine with a slip on and what kind of tune is best If I do?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
No, slip ons are post-cat....it'll still be there. Most will agree no fuel tuner would be required with just slip ons. If you want to eliminate the cat, contact Alex (AReed) on here...he's developing a cat delete pipe that a lot of us are going to get.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read a lot of post and hear you guys talk about this tune and that. I'm not very mechanical but do enjoy riding the snot out of my mav and want a little more. Any advice is very much welcomed!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any word on how far along he is?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Last I heard from Alex is that he's inside of a month off on the Cat deletes. Hopefully he'll give us all an update soon. I'm anxious to get mine.

You may or may not know he's a vendor on here, CT Race Worx. Good guy to deal with on a lot of the stuff you'll need for your Mav.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I'm going to make a limited batch starting next weekend if we have a productive week. I'm going to make probably 20 pieces and make a decision whether or not I'm going to put them into full bore production like our other parts and continue to offer them. While I do run a fabrication shop I'm not interested in getting into the performance or exhaust side of things to be honest so I'll have to see how they turn out and how quickly they can be made.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx that sounds like the way to go and not have to mess with all that technical mumbo jumbo!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AREED i would be happy to try out one of those 20 pcs just in case you decide not to do them....ya know! ;)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'm going to make a limited batch starting next weekend if we have a productive week. I'm going to make probably 20 pieces and make a decision whether or not I'm going to put them into full bore production like our other parts and continue to offer them. While I do run a fabrication shop I'm not interested in getting into the performance or exhaust side of things to be honest so I'll have to see how they turn out and how quickly they can be made.
And please do put me down as well for one of those first 20, Alex! :big smile:

·
Registered
132 Posts
If your making a list I'll take one.
We can throw it in with the rest of the stuff I'm gonna order.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Alex, are you still in the $200 range on these? I see Alba has them up on thier site, but way outa my price range. If I was going to spend what Nate is asking for thier cat/resonator delete, I would just spend another $500 and get a whole damn exhaust system.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
alba also released there resonator cat delete last week , I think its around 350

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
alba also released there resonator cat delete last week , I think its around 350
Nope....$450 on sale from $499

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Alex, are you still in the $200 range on these? I see Alba has them up on thier site, but way outa my price range. If I was going to spend what Nate is asking for thier cat/resonator delete, I would just spend another $500 and get a whole damn exhaust system.
Yes. I'll be in the 200 area + or - 20.
I believe Alba is doing a new product sale at 350 and then it will go to a regular price of 450 from what I understand. The Maverick sounds sick with stock mufflers and no resonator or cat but you can hear that it is louder.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was thinking the same thing Alex! That I wouldn't even need to by slip ons just eliminate all the restrictions and it would make it sound somewhat louder and give it more throat. I don't mind the stock exhaust just want the extra hp!

·
Registered
538 Posts
big bun makes a 3/4 system available that eliminates the cat in the $600 range if you do some shopping around.it does seem to be pretty loud though.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Nope....$450 on sale from $499
there 350 right now

join the maverick addiction so u can stay up to beat ! :)

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Go to Alba's web site. Says $449

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Go to Alba's web site. Says $449
ya that's y I say u gotta check out maverick addiction on FB, tons of good deals daily and more new parts gets posted on there first all turnkeys cool new stuff is all posted to , and companies that don't even come on here r on there with crazy cool mavericks and parts,

1 - 20 of 25 Posts