Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Do Commander Doors Work?

6K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  swack 
#1 ·
Yes but DAMN. It takes some modding-
Full report to follow

See less See more
#6 ·
I can't really say since mine were blingstars and I think there was a little more involved with mine since it has the aluminum panel behind the door. But in my case the drivers door had to be moved back about 3/4" or so. The rear hinge bracket had to be shortened/modified were it mounts to roll cage and latch pins had to be relocated to put it briefly. Some body plastic also had to be trimmed.

#9 · (Edited)
Ok so I got the Latest version of commander doors from Pro Armor... The mounting of these doors will take you most all day...And thats taking a 15min Lunch break... Most every part has to be modded in some way to get a proper fit... The problem is that little V part of the new plastic where the top front of the door goes... Therefor you have to move the doors backwards to compensate... Thus enlarging wholes and shorting ends...Lots of time consuming try it 20 times for a perfect fit type stuff..

Then when you have the doors mounted you go to the Pins... This is where you can basicly throw away the directions except for the part where you drill the frame and mount the bracket....I ended up using the bracket on the oppsite sides because it was the only way it would work... I took some pics so you can see whats involved.. Ole yea. You will need to trim some body panels too

Attachments

#12 ·
I went with the Blingstar commander doors after talking with SickStick and i have the passanger door on and went really smooth just took my time trimming the plastic but i havent had a chance to get to the drivers door just yet. But I personally like the look of the commander doors over any of the maverick doors out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.