Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experiences with DMX performance products, like Rock sliders , bumpers etc?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I have their front and rear bumpers. Personally I feel they are made are the cheap side with thin metal. The front bumper design for the winch area plates are only .100" thick and the fairlead is on an angle to the winch causing the rope to rub against one of the crossbars that holds the winch together. Just this weekend I rotated the winch to mount to the top[ plate and welded in a 3/16" think plate for added support. Basically the old saying you get what you pay for.
winchplate.jpg

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
I have the roof rack and have been very happy with it. Seems to be well made. Hopefully I can retro fit it on my new cage.

I had a friend buy the DMX doors and he had to return them. He said they did not fit very well.

If you order from them don't freak out that it is not shipped immediately. Depending on what you order he may have to fab it up. My roof rack took about 3 weeks to get. Plan ahead so you are not freaking out that the part has not arrived for you next ride.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Only dealt with them once, more made in Mexico stuff. Took 3 times to get my order right and over 2 months.
Never again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have had great luck with their Spare Tire carrier. Took a while to get, but I like the fit and design! No complaints here. Great communication and tracking also.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
I have their X3 Sport Roof Rack on the RC R. Very well made product and a pretty close match on the color. I am very happy with the purchase. Took about 33 days to get it here in Az.
I like their rack was going to order 1 but couldn't get over the shipping cost. But Id say they make the best rack

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
I like their rack was going to order 1 but couldn't get over the shipping cost. But Id say they make the best rack
How much was the shipping? I think mine was $25 to ship to So. Cal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
How much was the shipping? I think mine was $25 to ship to So. Cal.

I was quoted 120.00 thats a 1/3 of the cost. I want 1 for the trip on the peace trail in about 6 weeks but Ill be solo so just put a bunch of stuff in the passenger seat and bed

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, I'm not sure what I can say.So your going to have to read in-between the lines.

I ended up after a few calls and ordered the roof rack myself. Little did I know what was about to unfold. After a few attempts to get some questions answered via phone, cell phone and email I finally got a text message from Mexico. Ive never been a fan of ordering stuff from out of country but I did it....... 6 1/2 weeks later I get my powder coated rack shipped. When I opened it the side plate with their name looked like it was chiseled out by some buck tooth in-bread.

Im really trying to be nice here but that plate was too bad to ignore. So I made a few more attempts to reach out to DMX and I finally got someone to call me back and there reply was "yes, that's our logo" I asked if they were proud of there logo...... no reply, then I asked if they could just send me blank side panels and I had never seen them.

So I got a local fab guy here in town to cut and water jet a design in it and got them powder coated. While waiting for that I drove the car out of the garage and didn't have the rack secured to the SxS and the roof rack hit the ground hard scratching it. that's when I noticed that it was painted and not powder coated.

So with all that and then some I can say the fit was nice. I don't think I would use them again.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
I was trying to be nice also (not really good at that), not knowing if they're a vendor on this forum or not.
But like I said before, I'll never deal with them again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Well, I'm not sure what I can say.So your going to have to read in-between the lines.

I ended up after a few calls and ordered the roof rack myself. Little did I know what was about to unfold. After a few attempts to get some questions answered via phone, cell phone and email I finally got a text message from Mexico. Ive never been a fan of ordering stuff from out of country but I did it....... 6 1/2 weeks later I get my powder coated rack shipped. When I opened it the side plate with their name looked like it was chiseled out by some buck tooth in-bread.

Im really trying to be nice here but that plate was too bad to ignore. So I made a few more attempts to reach out to DMX and I finally got someone to call me back and there reply was "yes, that's our logo" I asked if they were proud of there logo...... no reply, then I asked if they could just send me blank side panels and I had never seen them.

So I got a local fab guy here in town to cut and water jet a design in it and got them powder coated. While waiting for that I drove the car out of the garage and didn't have the rack secured to the SxS and the roof rack hit the ground hard scratching it. that's when I noticed that it was painted and not powder coated.

So with all that and then some I can say the fit was nice. I don't think I would use them again.
The side plates with the logos are a little cheesy. I never put mine on. Friends that have the rack powder coated the side plates and it makes it look better.

On the website it says the rack is painted.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Yea I had a little sticker shock too about the shipping cost but, there are not a lot of roof racks out there that fit the OEM roofs. I like the way the DMX roof rack is constructed better than the AFX Motorsports roof. I like the mesh bottom and as for the cheesy side panels, we just primed and painted them black.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts