Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Be sure to check that the steering wheel is centered lock to lock. Mine was not from the factory. You will have to pull the steering wheel off to center it lock to lock.
Get a service manual cd and it will show how to center steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I did this last night and it went pretty smooth. One of my back wheels was out by 1/2 inch and the front on that side was toed out more than 1/2 inch. My rig should drive much better!

Thank for the write up and how-to. I was going to tackle this but was going to try to find center and measure from the outside in. This was muuuuuuch easier :)

·
Registered
2019 X3 XRC
66 Posts
One thing to think about is the alignment changes depending on ride height. So, IMO, all measurements should be taken with the car at the same weight as we are driving them... driver, passenger(s), tools, coolers, etc.

I actually took my past SXS (a RZR) to an alignment shop and was there when it was on the rack. The tech aligned it without me in it, then had me sit in the car (225 lbs). The front toe changed. We then found misc. items in his shop to try to mimic weight of a passenger and gear, and stacked them in the car. It was aligned at that weight.

Next ride it handled better then ever... Food for thought.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts