Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bringing the thread back from the dead. When you guys are measuring the front toe, are you measuring1/16" on both sides to equal 1/8" of total toe?
I'd get it as close to zero as possible. Because when the tires pull you will get a little tow in that way. But toe in will give you stability. Tow out should help it turn.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah, back from the dead... I'm trying to remember what I did. Honestly I don't think it matters all that much for dirt/sand. We're only taking +/- a 16th inch. If I was driving on pavement then I'd be concerned.
I second this as well

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
On the front go from a mounting bolt on one side to the other and then find halfway . A rear hitch on the back makes it easy to find the middle . No / hitch measure from mounting bolts again

·
Registered
172 Posts
What I did was took off the wheels......bolted unistrut to both hub so they pointed back and supported the ends with jack stands....then I laid a 6' straight edge on top of those and used 2 framing squares to square the brake rotors to each other.....it's a 2 person job to watch both sides and twist the radius rods to get things square but you are guaranteed that they are square to each other.

·
Premium Member
7,090 Posts
I just bought these Long Acre toe plates, I have not use them yet. I paid about 60.00 bucks for them. SinCE the dealer wants 150 to set toe should be a good buy.

Tim

·
Premium Member
7,090 Posts
I have not. Tim

41 - 60 of 63 Posts