Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like to get your opinions. Buddy of mine has given me a sheet of 1/4'' umhw and I was thinking of making this into a skid plate, my thought is to use the original and trace it out and cut exactly the same and use both sandwiched together. This would essentially give me 3/8'' skid. Ideally I have been looking for a local plastics supplier to sell me a sheet of 3/8 umhw but by the time you factor in shipping it gets kinda pricey. Also most places only wanna sell to a business account. Would like to just buy the futv ones but with new baby on way im tryin to watch my pennies. Let me know your thoughts on my homemade idea or if you know of any plastic distributors in NW Pa. area who I could get in touch with. Also any vendors feel free to pm best pricing on 3/8'' umhw skids. Thnx

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Unless you plan on gluing them together, I really think you would be way ahead of the game if you just bought a 1/2" thick skid plate.

·
Registered
548 Posts
You could use the 1/4 to make some A-arm skids and a roof, then get 3/8 for a full skid...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts