Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put together their own stereo? It seems the options for enclosures are limited.. I have found a few that will house 5-1/4" speakers and an overhead box from Froghead ATV that you can put something together with.

Are there any other "DIY" options out there?

I am not interested in any drop-in kit like SSV or alike.

The Commander Ltd corner speaker enclosures look cool but not sure if they hold 6.5's

·
Registered
110 Posts
I went with 2 6.5" Rockford fosgate wake tower speakers then mounted an audiopipe marine amp behind the drivers seat, and ran an aux cord form the amp under the center console up through the back of the dash cubby hole part. I bored out one of the hole that are already there and mounted an ipod holder on the grab handle works like a charm.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I went with 2 6.5" Rockford fosgate wake tower speakers then mounted an audiopipe marine amp behind the drivers seat, and ran an aux cord form the amp under the center console up through the back of the dash cubby hole part. I bored out one of the hole that are already there and mounted an ipod holder on the grab handle works like a charm.
I would love to see that have any pics?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup. Where did you mount the speakers? And does the amp being where it is limit the seats ability to move all the way back?

·
Registered
110 Posts
No surprisingly, the seat goes all the way back and ill snap some pic in a bit. Its a stupid simple set up but works perfect.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The corner LTD speakers do hold 6.5's, but they're right behind you're head and you can only hear the one closest to you. That's kind of annoying IMO.

Wet Sounds has a limited stock of the XST-650's, and those on a OSS tower bar would be perfect.

I've already told you about the stereo in mine, amps work well behind the dash bezel. You can use the SSV Works/Wet Sounds kick panels and sub too. Todd Morrison from on here heard mine at Brimstone, and I think he was impressed....

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not many stereos out there eh?

Anyone running the speaker pods down in the footwell? Do you get decent sound from that angle or would it be better to cage mount?

·
Registered
502 Posts
image.jpg image.jpg Ok this is my buddy's set up he started with SSV over head deal with a ten under the dash.....
Now he is def with the SSV overhead thing/10" under dash, 2-10's in the yellow inclosers in the rear and the wake tower speakers.
You can't sit it in and turn it up, but while hanging out at camp or a rest stop its AWESOME for you and anybody within 12miles :smile:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Man…what ever happened to listening to the engine while you ride! That has gotta blow your ears off….

Reactions: LBSwank

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Holy crap...

I wish dunertunes or someone else would make the molded corner of the cage pods. I may have to make my own.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah I also went with an Ipod for ease of mounting and removal.

·
Registered
502 Posts
gotta love you redknecks. Who cares if it looks good or not lets just bump that music hahahah
Honestly this guy is the furtherest thing from a redneck, at the time of the pic he was still working on it. Now it looks cleaner but I so know what u mean!!!!! Next time I go out I will take pics of the systems that are out there u guys it CRAZY!!!!!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Honestly this guy is the furtherest thing from a redneck, at the time of the pic he was still working on it. Now it looks cleaner but I so know what u mean!!!!! Next time I go out I will take pics of the systems that are out there u guys it CRAZY!!!!!
Hahah right on . I bet you got some crazy rides out there . Did he zip tie the wires to the roll bar or did he drill them . If that pic was taking during install this guy is hard core mouthing the shit right over the mud haha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts