Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everybody I know there's a couple company's that make the snorkel kit but if your more of a DIY kind of person I will try and post pics tomorrow I have about 90$ in materials I got 20ft of 2in PVC 9 90degree fittings and 10 45degree fitting as well as primer and glue and I also painted it a hammered black to kind of match the roll cage as well as 10ft of 1/4 clear tubing to vent the differentials gas tank and transmission I linked the rear diff and transmission vents together with a T 1/4 fitting and ran it up the passenger side as well as the front diff and gas tank vent together running it up the intake snorkel with a 1/4 inch T fitting so there are only two 1/4 inch clear tubes running up instead of 4 there are also 2 2inch fercoe straight fitting and 2 2inch 90degree fittings like I said if you have any questions about this let me know and I will try and post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wanna see pictures,thinking about snorkeling my mav

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good stuff, did you not want to put a hole in the yellow plastics coming up the front of the cage, is that why you came straight out the side? On the intake

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm wanting to make sure about the snorkels so it makes it easier on me this weekend when I do mine. The two up front, passenger side is for the airbox and drivers side is for CVT intake and the two in back are both CVT exhaust? If so is there two CVT exhaust coming out the CVT?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
ABS tubing is the only way to go when snorkeling a maverick. The PVC will melt because of the excessive heat near the engine. And if u want to ever install power steering you will have to re rout the front cvt snorkel

·
Registered
2019 maverick trail 1000. 5-2 offset wheels. 27 inch tires. Roof. Mirrors. Full windshield.
175 Posts

·
Administrator
2,549 Posts
The OP had probably moved them elsewhere sometime in the last 6.5 years would be my guess.

·
Registered
2019 maverick trail 1000. 5-2 offset wheels. 27 inch tires. Roof. Mirrors. Full windshield.
175 Posts
The OP had probably moved them elsewhere sometime in the last 6.5 years would be my guess.
Ha. nice way to say " look at the dates dumba$$." Sorry.
I would still like to see those pictures thought. LOL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts