Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:disappointed: Hi, I've owned several "Edge" buggies, ( Plans and kitsets for DIY projects )and recently sold what was to my knowledge the only 2 seat Rage buggy in Australia.I imported the rage from the UK and it was a brilliant machine but really a pure breed race machine for sprints etc... I live in south east Queensland and grew up on 1200 acres of property which my folks still own and is a perfect playground for buggies,but more suited to something with cvt for going slow and exploring. I was very close to buying a Polaris xp 900 last Christmas when I discovered the Maverick.
They are only starting to trickle into the country at the moment. I was excited to be invited to a Can am open day where they were to demo the Maverick. I was only the second ride of the morning, got about 5 min into the ride and was starting to grin from ear to ear when Bang!.. We came to a grinding halt. The driver jumped out and I was expecting him to go exploring for the problem, but no he removed his helmet and said he new exactly what the problem was...the dreaded exploding bolt. Very disappointed to say the least. These machines retail in Aus for $25 grand which surprises me since our dollar is stronger against the green back. But anyway the question remains, do I wait for BRP to address the problem properly or do I go back to the tried and tested Polaris ? Thanks Justin

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
get the maverick hands down , theres been a few explode but can am takes care of it, and u can fix the problem for 600-800 cvtech clutch !

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've been told they held back the release date on all the mav's in Australia until a fix is in place

·
Registered
806 Posts
Don't sound like it to me. I am just glad that it happened on a demo day, maybe can am will pull their head out of their asses and fix it.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Buy the Mav, replace the Primary with an aftermarket, and RIDE! It's faster than an xp, has a stronger frame, etc, etc! My primary bolt broke, I bought a CVTech primary, and I have Absolutely no regrets. I've been off roading for 40 years, and this is the most fun I've ever had!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
You can get an XP but they break too. I'm the only Can-Am guy in our group and all my buddies still drool over it. Nothing beats the comfort, quality & power of these machines. Haven't had an issue yet & clutch recall has worked good so far.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Justin I am in the same boat. I will buy when the Maverick gets a real fix for the clutch. I have said this on the forum before. I told the CanAm rep at every demo ride I have been on I will not fix a factory defect on my dime.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah I was worried about the clutch too until I took it on it's first ride. Now my attitude has changed to screw it if it breaks can am will fix it. I love this thing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks heaps for your quick reply guys :smile:
There is no doubt the Maverick is a dead sexy machine...got that whole Bumblebee thing going on.
I have looked at a few threads relating to the after market clutches and realise for another grand or so I could fix the problem.. But at 25 k why should I ? Whilst there are die hard polaris fans who would probably tell you otherwise, I do think the Maverick is well ahead on style,comfort and performance.For me reliability is a big deal, I've owned too many toys that have spent more time in the shed getting fixed than out there having fun. I think I'll give it another month or two and see what happens.So for now ill sit back and enjoy all your accumulated knowledge.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Polaris are good machines too I came from one I wouldn't steer you away from either

·
Registered
252 Posts
Polaris are good machines too I came from one I wouldn't steer you away from either

1 - 13 of 13 Posts