Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a dirt Warriors Glass windshield, I wanted something that vents good and flows some air. I like the size of the glass also and it has a nice look to it instead of being a rectangle. Anyone who has had a windshield before knows that Airflow is a must have since they pull heat in and get hot in the cab so these big flip up vents also sold me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Looks great. Come summer though I can't imagine a full windshield.
With the vents are you still getting adequate airflow to your intercooler ? No idea how'd you could measure the difference though.
Best looking glass shield I've seen. Easy on & off ???

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great. Come summer though I can't imagine a full windshield.
With the vents are you still getting adequate airflow to your intercooler ? No idea how'd you could measure the difference though.
Best looking glass shield I've seen. Easy on & off ???
It's not fast to take on or off by any means. But it's not hard just takes some time messing with the clamps and bolts.

·
Premium Member
7,605 Posts
I’m glad you finally got a windshield, I was honestly tired of looking at you and you smeared makeup and tosseled hair. Now you will be a respectable looking human with an undetermined gender. Congrats

Lol

On a side note it does look good and I like the thin a-pillars.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
What was your cost out the door?
I get exhaust into the cab area with my bent metal window. Are you getting this same issue with your window?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I get exhaust into the cab area with my bent metal window. Are you getting this same issue with your window?
Spike rear window solved the exhaust being sucked back in for me. If full front windshield, need a rear one also imo

2018 X3 XDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Spike rear window solved the exhaust being sucked back in for me. If full front windshield, need a rear one also imo

2018 X3 XDS

With front & rear windshields, how can the car possibly get enough air to the intercooler & air filter ???

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Intercooler and air filter get plenty of air. No difference in running temps for me. Without a back window, negative pressure is created and you get dust and heat inside the cab. Also, the spike rear window has air intakes for the intercooler....I leave them open and honestly haven’t tried it with them shut. I also usually run with front window vents open

2018 X3 XDS

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts

2018 X3 XDS

Just ordered one, I'll update in a few weeks when I get to try it out.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It cost me $649 they were here in phx for a Worcs race and brought it with them from Utah. Shipping woulda cost $150.
The big adjustable vents seemed to work good but it was kind of windy in Glamis Saturday. So I will have to find out on some trail rides. But I think it will be good.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
It cost me $649 they were here in phx for a Worcs race and brought it with them from Utah. Shipping woulda cost $150.
The big adjustable vents seemed to work good but it was kind of windy in Glamis Saturday. So I will have to find out on some trail rides. But I think it will be good.

The WORCS Wickenburg scrambles ???
I was there, missed an opportunity to meet. Was at Canyon (Round 3) all day yesterday.

The negative air flow & exhaust fumes are understandable, and definitely something you want to avoid. Look forward to checking it out in person one of these days.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love that windshield. Best airflow you will get. My friends have started switching over now to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wanted this bad, but I ended up going with Ryfab because of the way the edges are. The Ryfab and Bent Metal wrap the A pillers and have a more finished look.
The Ryfab has one big vent versus the two individual vents. Dir Warriors is a better design in that you can each have as much or as little as you want. My Ryfab hasn't showed up yet. Hope it's everything this one is. Dirt Warrior has a good product there. Just wish it wrapped is all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wanted this bad, but I ended up going with Ryfab because of the way the edges are. The Ryfab and Bent Metal wrap the A pillers and have a more finished look.
The Ryfab has one big vent versus the two individual vents. Dir Warriors is a better design in that you can each have as much or as little as you want. My Ryfab hasn't showed up yet. Hope it's everything this one is. Dirt Warrior has a good product there. Just wish it wrapped is all.
Totally understand, but the viewing angle of the Dirt Warrior seems better for my use(mostly dunes). Hope it holds up to its promise, glad they have a good return policy, plus I messaged them on facebook and they gave me a 10% off discount code.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They had free shipping when I checked last with them.

The Ryfab seemed to have narrower sides, and was a touch lower in front, but the top is straight across vs the Dirt Warrior that contours with the factory roof. I actually liked that part more too, although I questioned the whole wiper motor mounting too. IDK. Was a close choice. All three seem like good options. Bent Metal has a heavy following.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They had free shipping when I checked last with them.

The Ryfab seemed to have narrower sides, and was a touch lower in front, but the top is straight across vs the Dirt Warrior that contours with the factory roof. I actually liked that part more too, although I questioned the whole wiper motor mounting too. IDK. Was a close choice. All three seem like good options. Bent Metal has a heavy following.
Exactly! All are great options!! I’ll posta pic here once I get it on the car😁😁

1 - 19 of 19 Posts