Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are thinking of purchasing a Maverick Trail. Our method of transporting would be our toy hauler trailer. The front of the Maverick would extend into the kitchen where it is only 52 1/2 inches wide. The Can Am literature lists the Maverick Trail at 50 inches but before purchasing I wanted to make sure 50 inches is the width at the widest point. The Polaris 50 inch Razor is actually 52 1/2 inches at its widest point and therefore would not fit.

My problem is that neither of the local dealers have one in stock to measure. They both said I could purchase one and they could order it in but I don't want to take that risk that it is actually wider than 50 inches at its widest point. They indicated that they were pretty sure its widest point is 50 inches.

If anybody has a Maverick Trail would you be able to measure and post what dimensions are at the very widest point? It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Probably would have been better to post the question in the MavT subforum, however I can answer having previously owned one. MavT is considered 50" class due to certain region USFS physical gate restrictions. Actual track is slightly different with OEM tires and wheels, with the front being slightly narrower than the rear. Here are dimensions I took a few years ago using boards parallel to tire outer sidewalls and a tape measure. Doing that was to determine "before/after" results with wider tires and 1" spacers installed at that time. Others might have measured their own differently...

Oops - since that was your very first forum post, an admin already moved this to the new member intro section. So then, welcome!

OEM stock:
Front (26x8-12 on MavT 6x12 5+1 offset wheels): 49"
Rear (26x9-12 on MavT 6x12 5+1 offset wheels): 51"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably would have been better to post the question in the MavT subforum, however I can answer having previously owned one. MavT is considered 50" class due to certain region USFS physical gate restrictions. Actual track is slightly different with OEM tires and wheels, with the front being slightly narrower than the rear. Here are dimensions I took a few years ago using boards parallel to tire outer sidewalls and a tape measure. Doing that was to determine "before/after" results with wider tires and 1" spacers installed at that time. Others might have measured their own differently...

Oops - since that was your very first forum post, an admin already moved this to the new member intro section. So then, welcome!

OEM stock:
Front (26x8-12 on MavT 6x12 5+1 offset wheels): 49"
Rear (26x9-12 on MavT 6x12 5+1 offset wheels): 51"
Dirtdawg, Thank you for the dimensions. The front is my only concern so with the front 1 inch narrower it would be that much better.

It seems there are a few different variations with the MavT. Do you recommend getting the DPS? Any other suggestions for purchasing with initial purchase?

·
Registered
884 Posts
IMO, the DPS package is more than well worth the initial expense for convenience now and resale later. Much more than just Dynamic Power Steering, it also includes Visco-Lok front diff plus aluminum wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The specs show the height is 69". Is this correct? my garage door on my toy hauler is 74" so I do have a little wiggle room if their published figure is correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts