Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for those who are in the know. I just bought 4 street tires for my Maverick for riding on roads around my house. Got them today and mounted them on my stock wheels. Tires are 25x8-12 front and 25x10-12 rear. After mounting I have noticed the fronts are about 1.5 inches smaller than the rears. My question is as long as I keep this thing out of AWD with these tires on will I be ok. My worry is tearing up the front diff with the smaller tires up front. I am only using these on the roads around my gated community.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That's weird are you sure there 25's in the front? They should all be same size if they are 25's. But to answer your question. Yes keep it in 2wd.

Reactions: Dirt Racer 15

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's weird are you sure there 25's in the front? They should all be same size if they are 25's. But to answer your question. Yes keep it in 2wd.
Yeah I checked three times to be sure. I thought the same thing regarding size hence the reason I went with these. I still need to check the tire pressures to make sure they are all the same. I doubt that one of the backs being over inflated would cause that big of difference in size.

Yeah my plan is to keep it in 2wd. Just wasn't sure if the front diff was still able to engage since it is AWD. I have an 01 Ford Expedition that is AWD and it still kicks in the transfer case if it senses wheel spin in the front. Wasn't sure if this was going to be the same deal?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its only 4x4 if you select it..Its not automatic so as long as you don't press the button your good to go!
Sweet, then I am not going to sweat it. Like I said I am only going to ride these tires around the house. Just don't want to wear out my good knobbies cruising around.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why is a guy who calls himself Dirt Racer running street tires, on the street?
Ha Ha good question. I just bought a cabin in a gated community in Missouri. They allow us to ride UTV's on the roads and I don't want to smoke my good off road tires by riding on the hard surface. I took the stock wheels and mounted 4 Duro Scorchers on them, bought 4 beadlocks and mounted my bighorns on them. When I am going riding off road I will just switch wheels.

·
Registered
367 Posts
my guess is the air pressure is not set properly

Reactions: Dirt Racer 15

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my guess is the air pressure is not set properly
Yeah as soon as it stops snowing and I can quit digging out I will be checking on that. I still have doubts the air pressure would make almost 2" of difference but I have been wrong before.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its a Rocket Chassis. Very fast when its semi wet, but struggle a little when dry slick.
That was my first pick, but like you said struggle on Dry slick. That's were the Rayburn swingarm shines. Most of the tracks we run on around here stay dry all summer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts