Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found any different colored plastics out there? Or has anyone got theirs wrapped and it looked good? I don't want to do any painting but I do want to do something different. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Has anyone found any different colored plastics out there? Or has anyone got theirs wrapped and it looked good? I don't want to do any painting but I do want to do something different. Any suggestions?
Here's mine with a wrap on it.

Attachments

Reactions: Bigfella

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
You could also try Plasti-dip if you're just wanting to do a couple of panels, but if you're doing the whole rig, I would suggest a wrap.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
This the most expensive process, but offers the best protection. 3M vinyl only has a five year warranty for fading.
Thats if it sits outside all the time. Mine is stored in a garage and only see's sunlight when I take it out riding!!!! You can also spray wax protectant on it to help reduce any fading if you leave it outside alot.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
This the most expensive process, but offers the best protection. 3M vinyl only has a five year warranty for fading.
is hydro-dipping more durable than a thick vinyl wrap? I don't know enough about it to critique it but it appears to be a very thing film and then a spray on clear coat type of application.....how would that withstand rock chips, tree branches etc....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would also like to put a wrap on mine. I was thinking of doing the whole maverick in flat black! Mine is currently all white with a white roof. Anybody in so cal area I could get in contact with

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I'm definitely getting a wrap done just don't know who will do it. The plastic body panels scratch way too easily. I had a friggin leaf scratch my panel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ I wish I would have gotten white plastics. After taking to people that wrap and hydro dip, they recommended painting. You just have to get someone who knows what they are doing they said. The new pearl white and orange can ams are painted so I think it can be done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Unless you do wraps yourself or know someone who does it professionally I would not try to attempt it. With the angles these have it takes some skill and patience to get it perfect. One of those precut deals are a bunch of individual pieces. IMAG0199.jpg IMAG0235.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts