Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
been seeing a lot of places make this for the xp1 - front tow point , :)

to make people feel better they call it a tie down/ tow , but its for being towed ! lol

this guys shock froze and bent all the rear suspension , he said

photo.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I bet it gets used alot.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I can't say shat I broke mine this weekend but........ I drove that bitch out too didn't get pulled tire all flopping.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Polaris doesn't need a tow point in front. We have one in the back to tow you Cant Ams!

Really it is Polaris engineers are too dumb to put a tow/tie down point on the front and back. 900s have a place up front but nothing on the rear. 1Ks have one on the rear but not on the front. Apparently its too much to ask to have one on each end.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
LMAO Benzo - us XP1000 guys don't need the front hook when we have to tow you Can Am guys - lmao!!!! We will be there when you break your hubs, burn your belts, etc..... Just don't get to close we might burst into flames towing you back to camp. lol

Sometimes I have to use it to hold up a Can Am!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Funny thing is both times I have used my rear tow hook it was to pull a broken Can Am to camp.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hey guys I seen some good deals on fire extinguishers and glove box hinges in another post, maybe you should check that out.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ran across a couple of xp1 this weekend at the red river, I don't know why they bought them, I've never seen some one putt around so much, when the did get the balls to challenge a mav he got his ass handed to him.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny thing is both times I have used my rear tow hook it was to pull a broken Can Am to camp.
it was a commander that doesn't count , :)

the good ol tug the sxs to the side for tire change I see u did to , lol

Reactions: Tzenev

·
Registered
143 Posts
The only maverick I've raced was on dirt and he beat the crap out of me.

Then we raced again and I put it in 4wd and beat him. I'm stock on some of the biggest atv tires you can get and he was on stock bighorns.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hey guys I seen some good deals on fire extinguishers and glove box hinges in another post, maybe you should check that out.
shocks belts bushings drive lines trailing arms rear rods reverse chains pistons that don't burn oil - just off the top of my head, lol

caption this - lol

1610000_698440556873640_628020174_n.jpg

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
it was a commander that doesn't count , :)

the good ol tug the sxs to the side for tire change I see u did to , lol
It was more than a tire change. He broke the rear shock mount and shock. Some redneck engineering and we got it out of the big dunes under its own power. Otherwise it would still be in the dunes

Attachments

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Ran across a couple of xp1 this weekend at the red river, I don't know why they bought them, I've never seen some one putt around so much, when the did get the balls to challenge a mav he got his ass handed to him.
He probably did not want to hurt your feelings. lol! Next time have him put it in 4wd. LMAO!!!!

This a going to be another great smack talking thread.

Reactions: StefCom and Tomcat

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol oh nice

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
don't 4get xp1 owners check ur spark arrestors , lol

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
We have spark arrestors? What to we need one for - it is not like it keeps them from catching on fire. LOL!

Good news is my glove box is solid, no vibration from the driveshaft and the belt has survived thus far. I have been so worried driving my ride that things will break I have not even gone full throttle yet. Opps - don't tell USAguy I beat him with only 1/2 throttle runs. LMAO............

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol I seen something on the rzr forum it said check ur spark arrestors , lol

we were all afraid of these machines at 1st and 1st runs to , lol

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
lol I seen something on the rzr forum it said check ur spark arrestors , lol

we were all afraid of these machines at 1st and 1st runs to , lol
Those guys on the RZR forums come up with some crazy stuff sometimes. Not sure how some packing in the spark arrestor is going to do much.

My break in ride was about 90 miles in the desert after about 20 minutes of doing no more then 40, I floored it and go it up to around 70. Most of that ride was cruising between 45-60 and an occassional run up to 70+ (I had to pass my buddy on his KTM525). When I took it to the dunes for the first time It took me a ride or two to get a feel for the power and how it handled. After that I just drive it and if something breaks it breaks.

I had my one friend with a XP900 telling me not to run up olds, don't drag race, don't do this or that or I will break a belt. I told him I bought the XP1000 to drive and that is what I am going to do.

If we sit around and worry about everything that could break, we will never fully drive these machines. Sometime you got to say f- it and go have fun!!!!

Now back to the regular smack talking. Did you know a Wildcat X can smoke a Maverick Max up Test hill in Gordon wells?

http://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/wildcat-x/7374-can-wildcat-x-1000-out-run-101-hp-cammander.html

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Drove mine back without a tow two weekends ago…..Accidentally lost an axle in the process….Opps
Ouch! How did you do that? At least you were able to kinda 3 wheel it back to camp.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts