Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
When you guys say you don’t pay for prep, does that mean they just remove that cost or are they actually not prepping it so you have to assemble a few things like the cage etc.? I would definitely go that route I just wasn’t sure if it was an option due to it being a potential liability

·
Registered
950 Posts
When you guys say you don’t pay for prep, does that mean they just remove that cost or are they actually not prepping it so you have to assemble a few things like the cage etc.? I would definitely go that route I just wasn’t sure if it was an option due to it being a potential liability
they don't charge me for putting the machine together, putting gas into it, and topping off the fluids. I highly doubt they would allow you to assemble the rig yourself due to liability issues.

·
Premium Member
12,632 Posts
You don't pay for it. Some dealers charge, some don't.

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
MSRP or slightly below MSRP seems to be the going price. Where the dealers are being stingy is with freight and dealer set up/mark up (ADM). Freight they have to pay and as long as they are not charging more then their actual freight charge I am okay with it.

When I was looking a few weeks ago all the local dealers wanted a lot for freight and ADM. It was adding up to $4,000-$5,000 in mark up.

I ended up going to another state to get my new ride. I was not charged any dealer mark up and was able to get them to reduce the pricing to below MSRP. I will have to pay sales tax once I register my car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Anyone care to throw a shout out to dealers they’ve had good luck with and not been ripped off? I was kind of shocked to hear there’s places still selling for anything under msrp.

·
Premium Member
12,632 Posts
Anyone care to throw a shout out to dealers they’ve had good luck with and not been ripped off? I was kind of shocked to hear there’s places still selling for anything under msrp.
I've always bought my X3s from Star Island Motorsports in Prescott Valley AZ. And I have lots of dealers in the area, including Phoenix. Star Island always gave me the best discounted prices, and no freight / prep. Trust me it was good, or I wouldn't have driven 3 hours each way. Of course this was before the pandemic and shortages. I would give them a ring, see if they still do those types of deals.

Reactions: KRATOCT

·
Registered
950 Posts
I got ours from Nelsons Speed Shop in Greenville, MI. MSRP price, no mark ups, no prep, no freight cost

·
Premium Member
12,632 Posts
I got ours from Nelsons Speed Shop in Greenville, MI. MSRP price, no mark ups, no prep, no freight cost
And that's the way it should be!!!

Reactions: Quad2Sxs

·
Premium Member
12,632 Posts
Appreciate both answers but I’ll have to side with Nelson’s speed shop haha. I’m from Michigan so it’s have to be some GOOD discounts to make it worth the trip to AZ 😂
LOL, I didn't know where you were located.

·
Registered
950 Posts
where in michigan are you located? might be some dealers i could send you to as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
where in michigan are you located? might be some dealers i could send you to as well.
Lake Ann, MI. We’ve been down to Lakeside, Spicer, US-27 Motorsports, and Classic here in town and spoke with salesmen from Peacock and Extreme over the phone. That was months ago and we were trying to figure out what unit we wanted so pricing and fees wasn’t really discussed. Which other ones have you had experience with that you like?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Lake Ann, MI. We’ve been down to Lakeside, Spicer, US-27 Motorsports, and Classic here in town and spoke with salesmen from Peacock and Extreme over the phone. That was months ago and we were trying to figure out what unit we wanted so pricing and fees wasn’t really discussed. Which other ones have you had experience with that you like?
Leaders RPM in Kazoo in a big can-am dealer. They charged me setup for my quad, but they gave back some pretty good incentives to me at the time. They give 10% discount on accessories for life when you buy there.

Have you talked to Babbits? I have heard good things about them as well.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts