Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, we now have the all new DG Offroad Maverick Roll Cage! This cage is made of DOM steel, comes with intrusion bars, rear bumper integrated, full roof, whip tabs, light bar tabs and tube, and can be powdercoated any color you'd like!

The photos of this cage are an idea of what the cage looks like, although this particular cage was built a few inches taller than normal for a taller owner. The regular cage for anyone about 6' would be 4-5" shorter than this cage

Build times are around 2-3 weeks so get in on this!

Pricing- $1499 raw, $1775 powdercoated standard colors (candy colors extra)

Please PM us for a freight quote!

1013707_590293851011483_142293852_n.jpg 9384_590294024344799_686531296_n.jpg

·
Registered
853 Posts
My buddy has a DG cage on his XP and it's really nice. I wish someone would create a 6 point cage without the rear part extending past the lights. It's impossible to fit a maverick in a 10 foot toy hauler garage with the cage extended like this. Does this come with the solid doors like this?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Trust me you want that back part. If you roll over all that back plastic is destroyed. Three isn't much support for that. I know from experience and so does my wallet.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I understand what you are saying but I don't want that back part because if I have the back part I can't take my mav, it wont fit in my toy hauler. If it was removable then I would consider it. I am ready for the Pure 350 in Cal City. New clutch is on the way and we will be in it to win it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My buddy has a DG cage on his XP and it's really nice. I wish someone would create a 6 point cage without the rear part extending past the lights. It's impossible to fit a maverick in a 10 foot toy hauler garage with the cage extended like this. Does this come with the solid doors like this?
I know what you mean, and DG actually makes that for the XP's it's called the Fastback. It mounts in the bed and doesn't have the rear bumper part. Since this is a new cage I don't know if they plan on making one for the Maverick at this time. Those doors were custom made, they would have to have the car there to make those, but the cage will accept either Turnkey or Pro Armor doors

Trust me you want that back part. If you roll over all that back plastic is destroyed. Three isn't much support for that. I know from experience and so does my wallet.
Haha thats SO true. We actually had a rollover in our camp in Ocotillo a few months ago, and I was telling a buddy that he had ruined a mount for that back plastic, but he came around and told me nope, that's the way it comes. I was amazed, so yeah it sucks it takes up more space in a TH Garage but it will protect most of that back end in a roll over or such.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand what you are saying but I don't want that back part because if I have the back part I can't take my mav, it wont fit in my toy hauler. If it was removable then I would consider it. I am ready for the Pure 350 in Cal City. New clutch is on the way and we will be in it to win it.
Just checked with DG, if you are willing to donate your car for 2-3 weeks we can make you a custom fastback cage without the rear bumper and it will be probably $100-150 cheaper

·
Registered
853 Posts
I would seriously consider that but not until after the race which is the weekend of August 2nd. I will stop by your shop on Monday or Tuesday, I'm on vacation next week.

Thanks

Dennis

·
Registered
707 Posts
Well I just bought every plastic that comes on a Maverick that way I have it for when I need it. I don't want to deal with a claim and raising my rates unless it's something serious.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah having the back bumper part removable will let you get it in your toy hauler.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah having the back bumper part removable will let you get it in your toy hauler.
Technically the Fastback wouldn't even have the back part, it would just end in the bed area. Whoever wants to donate their Maverick let us know and we will get you a deal on a cage for a Fastback!

·
Registered
853 Posts
I dropped my mav off at Prowlers in Santa Clarita yesterday and he's going to build me something for the rear part of the cage. I don't know if you know Darin at Prowlers but this guy is amazing when it comes to anything off road fab. I have a feeling I am going to get bitten by the race bug after picking up two sponsors this week. I'm pretty sure I will have Prowlers do up my mav like Mikes (Ignoreamos) from Avid.

I'd like some factory UTV Skids and I need to get them ordered ASAP, you know the delivery time?

Thanks

Dennis

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dropped my mav off at Prowlers in Santa Clarita yesterday and he's going to build me something for the rear part of the cage. I don't know if you know Darin at Prowlers but this guy is amazing when it comes to anything off road fab. I have a feeling I am going to get bitten by the race bug after picking up two sponsors this week. I'm pretty sure I will have Prowlers do up my mav like Mikes (Ignoreamos) from Avid.

I'd like some factory UTV Skids and I need to get them ordered ASAP, you know the delivery time?

Thanks

Dennis
Never heard of him I've got a few guys here local to me that do all my custom fab, Steven at SMP did my cage and panels, Jamie at Fabtech made my exhaust and Elliot at Armada Engineering did some other cool stuff haha. Lead times on those skids is usually about 4-5 days to delivery from time of order so I would order one up tomorrow if you need it ASAP. Just stop by or give me a call man!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Hey guys, we now have the all new DG Offroad Maverick Roll Cage! This cage is made of DOM steel, comes with intrusion bars, rear bumper integrated, full roof, whip tabs, light bar tabs and tube, and can be powdercoated any color you'd like!

The photos of this cage are an idea of what the cage looks like, although this particular cage was built a few inches taller than normal for a taller owner. The regular cage for anyone about 6' would be 4-5" shorter than this cage

Build times are around 2-3 weeks so get in on this!

Pricing- $1499 raw, $1775 powdercoated standard colors (candy colors extra)

Please PM us for a freight quote!

View attachment 3097 View attachment 3098
Does that price include the alum top?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seems like a pretty good price.
It sure is, and it will go up shortly. This is our introduction price since this is a brand new cage to the market we wanted to get it out to you guys for a good intro price. You are in SD so you could also save $100 or so on freight if you drove up to Ontario to pick it up!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts