Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone in or around TEXAS, DFW AREA? Speak of any decent trails to ride that are within a hour or two to drive too from Dallas area? plus i have a few more hours to add to machine till its due for its FIRST service.... :)

Looking to get a day ride in but cant get away longer than a day.. :(

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhh, think that's where my uncle rides his razor, lots of MUD..lol

thanks for the info, we may go try that out, really got to keep it easy though till it gets past its first service.... :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
You're going to have to drive a little.

Gilmer has a place called Barnwell Mountain.
Jacksonville has River Run and Mud Creek.
Shiloh Ridge is in Alto.
Sabine ATV Park is a little east of Burkeville.
There are a few other places in TX...General Sams, Hidden Falls, and there used to be a place in Royse City called Brushy Creek.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thanks will look those places up.....anyone been to Oklahoma dunes?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Oklahoma dunes are good for a weekend trip its probably around a 5 hr. drive from Dallas Ft. Worth area. not as good as glamis or little sahra Utah by any means but its only a few hours for me so worth the trip once in a while . you might check the map and see how far Kermit is the dunes aren't as big as the Oklahoma dunes but its a lot smoother. I was there this summer for a couple days and I think I liked Kermit a little better . here's a Kermit pic. kermit .jpg

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, thanks for the input. i saw the Kermit Dunes listed and was thinking of checking them out soon, i want to get past the break in period before i travel too far ....
i hope to schedule something soon i am ready to ride this machine..lol My little acre i live on is short coming when i crank the Mav up...lol...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the info fellow Texans, I was looking for a place to ride as well. We all need to hook up one weekend like the Cal and Az boys get to do, on an unfair, regular basis.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, sounds good to me...looks like Kermit TX is about the same distance away as Beaver OK is.......so guess that would have to be a week end trip for sure, no day trip for sure..lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
A couple other places you might consider if your not opposed to an hour or two north on 35 are lake Murray Oklahoma , Davis Oklahoma cross bar ranch its around 6000 Acers pretty good trail riding but it is rocky so its not very fast and the red trail is about 6 hrs. start to finish so start early. and a little closer to you there is a place on the red river im not sure the name of the place but a little research on google should bring it up I haven't been there personally but several friends with sxs have and enjoyed it .

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Outstanding, thanks for the info, will def check those out......hoping to get my Winch WIRED this weekend and be all set after that, well till i think of something else to add..lol

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet. I added those to my check it out list. Lol. Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lets see there is rocky ridge off of Fm 455 and hwy 51 west of sanger bout 20 min, there is boulcher which is north of muenster on the red river lots of fun!, there is a new place in bridgeport and as stated before lake murray in ardmore ok. I am picking up my maverick tomorrow and we are going to boulcher this weekend again. You can ride out there all weekend and not hit every trail!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm headed to Lake Murray this weekend. I like the idea of a group ride. I have 2 more buddies with Mav's that aren't on here also.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is there a good site to get all the rules/ laws for specific trails ? Or is only option to look up each one individually ?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We'll I am getting old lol. but looking at red river cycle park not seeing that sxs are allowed? Looks like motorcycles only ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts