Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XDS TURBO R
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys looking into the device holder for my x3, the oem brp one is $135 which is a bit high I think because I see “no name” eBay ones for about $40, anyone have experience with the non brp ones or should I bight the bullet and go oem? I usually do go oem in most cases but not sure this time any insight would be great thanks in advance

·
Registered
122 Posts
i bought the emp one for 49. there's a small gap under the sides on mine but for saving 100 bucks i don't care. i could sand the back tabs a bit to get it to fit tighter no problem

·
Registered
2019 XDS TURBO R
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought the emp one for 49. there's a small gap under the sides on mine but for saving 100 bucks i don't care. i could sand the back tabs a bit to get it to fit tighter no problem
Emp? Where is that from

·
Administrator
2,350 Posts
Just got one delivered today and haven't unboxed it yet...will check it out Sunday for fitment.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Emp? Where is that from
extreme metal products. an accessory manufacturer for sxs

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does anyone have any bad things to say about the alternative options to the BRP X3 device holders?

I know of 3, maybe 4 different option most look very similar to the BRP option, and one has more squared off top corners "kemimoto".

Any build quality issues with the alternates from first hand experience? Even just build quality feel of the hinge and locking mechanism?

Is it possible the alternate options are better in any ways other than cost? Maybe how they are configured, have small beneficial tweaks to design or features the BRP one does not?

Has anyone seen the different options and can pass on some details for prospective buyers?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have the Kemimoto. I had to trim it to fit better. It has held up well holding my 8" Samsung tablet in a case.

·
Registered
2019 x3 turbo
12 Posts
I just put the kemimoto one on mine. Looks decent does have a bit of a gap around it but I'm just going to put some black silicone around it to seal a little better. @100 miles of riding with an 8" tablet and it has never moved. For half the price of the can am one its a deal.

·
Registered
2019 XDS TURBO R
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the kenimoto also, fits good enough, can’t compare to anything else but for the price I think it’s way worth it, only complaint is my iPad slides around a little bit with aggressive driving but not terrible

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
315 Posts
I have the kenimoto also, fits good enough, can’t compare to anything else but for the price I think it’s way worth it, only complaint is my iPad slides around a little bit with aggressive driving but not terrible
Did you put anything for grip on the top and bottom? Also you can put some stick on Velcro behind the iPad to help keep it in place. Maybe get a cheap case for it so you don't have to stick velcro straight to the iPad

I just ordered a $40 one from eBay so we'll see how it goes...

·
Registered
584 Posts
I dont remember which one I bought off Ebay but it fits great with no gaps and has held up just fi e to my 8" tab

·
Registered
720 Posts
The original post as well as subsequent replies (incl OP's in #9) doesn't specify what specific "device". My MavT is obviously a different machine, however I'm a repeat buyer of ProClip products. I have one of their holders for my Nexus 9 Android tablets in my MavT and in my Jeep Wrangler. Their mounts are compatible with 1" RAM ball components. Pictures of mine are posted elsewhere but can be added here if requested.

·
Administrator
2,350 Posts
Kemimoto here also....held the 8" Tab A fine with no movement, and I like the extra storage area behind the tablet.

Am replacing our 8" with a new 10.1" Active. Will be nice to have enough storage to load all of our riding maps once and keep them, rather than having to delete.one.to.load.one scenerio. It will have enough storage (64 GB internal plus 512 GB SD card), RAM, and processor speeds to make a nice step out of our present 2016 dinosaur era.

·
Premium Member
7,442 Posts
I've had the brp one and an ebay one. Brp one was better quality. Knockoff one the door wouldnt stay shut. So middle of a dune run the door would flop open from the weight of the tablet. I eventually put screws in to hold it shut and mounted my maptuner to it. Just get the brp one, that's my advice

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have exactly that going on now. Plus the bars that hold the door instantly rusted. I used duct tape to keep the door closed this time. Buying the over priced factory one this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
i bought the one from emp for 50 bucks and other than a small gap at the bottom it for and works great. they do include two thicknesses of weather strip

·
Registered
776 Posts
I looked over the emp. Looks exactly like my amazon one for $39, which works fine, if you screw it sown corrrectly. The last time I had it out I tweaked the screws in the front a bit and now it has a hard time staying closed, so duct tape.. it works and I only charge the comm channel once every couple months lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,442 Posts
When I had the OEM one, the screw holes were made in the plastic. Never once had it come open when I didn't want it to. Switched gears for a while and sold it. Came back to a similar idea so bought the cheaper one. Used the same screw holes and the damn thing wouldn't stay shut when riding hard. Not a good thing to have a high dollar gps unit flapping around up and down. Buy at your own risk if you get the cheaper ones.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts