Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Answering my own question, ... from 10 months ago. Go with the 32" BFG Baja TA (KR2). I did, and after a thousand miles use I can say that these are the best desert tires I've ever owned. They have the best straight line tracking and best lateral grip for cornering at high speed, of any tire I've used. They are super tough, and don't bleed off air pressure when sitting for long periods like many tires do. They are better quality tires than typical ATV or UTV tires.
Hi i am looking for those tires in 32" but i don't know if they are heavier than liberty 32", do you know how much do they weight

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't have the exact weights. But I've owned both tires, and I would be surprised if the BFGs are not lighter than the Liberty's.

Reactions: Ricardo

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I think the BFG and the liberty are within a pound of each other, about 39# for a 32" tire.

Speaking of Liberty tires, I was finally able to get some 32x15 tires delivered. They have been out of stock everywhere. The ones for 14" wheels are easy to find but the 15s are scarce. Finally able to get a set by going to rockymountain and ordering the stock tires from the 2020 XRC RR fiche. They aren't listed anywhere else. Took about 3 weeks to get them. I'm sure the BFG is a better tire than the liberty but unless you have a hookup they are super spendy. The liberties were 180 bucks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
on my 17 xrs i put 32" m 1 evils. i went with them because they had a full 1" of tread depth and the rep told me that they were tested here in Arizona. Kept it for 3300 miles and sold it and the tires were in very good shape. I then put a new set of them on my Polaris rs1, had 1900 miles on it before i totaled it. went back to a 19 rs have about 1500 miles on them and the tires are doing well. if i dont rotate them i expect to get around 5000 on the rear fronts will still be ok.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Answering my own question, ... from 10 months ago. Go with the 32" BFG Baja TA (KR2). I did, and after a thousand miles use I can say that these are the best desert tires I've ever owned. They have the best straight line tracking and best lateral grip for cornering at high speed, of any tire I've used. They are super tough, and don't bleed off air pressure when sitting for long periods like many tires do. They are better quality tires than typical ATV or UTV tires.
do you know the weight on them? i have the liberty 32" on the x3 rc rr 2020 but it is to wide for cornering fast at least for me, i want some bfgs but the km3 are heavier than the liberty, and i want something on the same weight or less.

·
Registered
11 Posts
do you know the weight on them? i have the liberty 32" on the x3 rc rr 2020 but it is to wide for cornering fast at least for me, i want some bfgs but the km3 are heavier than the liberty, and i want something on the same weight or less.
I have the same machine and a few other tires I have been looking at are the System 3 rt320 and the EFX motovator rt, I believe both are very lightweight in 32"

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
i have the liberty 32" on the x3 rc rr 2020 but it is to wide for cornering fast and i want something on the same weight or less.
What do you mean by "too wide"?

The Liberty is one of the lightest tires (38 lbs actual) in 32x10R15 and cheapest at 150-200 each.
The Tensor DS is a little lighter, but costs 300-350 each.

I have almost 8000 miles on two sets of the Liberty tires.
My current set have about 4500 miles and are quite worn down.
They are now more slippery on dirt and gravel roads, but still work well on trails.
When new they get great traction on dry terrain. What is mud?
They grip so well when new that it takes real effort to drift the car in turns.

I just ordered my third set.

·
Premium Member
2018.5 Can Am Maverick X3 XRS
125 Posts
Anybody actually running these in the desert Southwest? EFX Motovator

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
I just got a set of mrt’s new 33’s from craig at proutvparts/ craigstumph and am pretty happy with the performance and weight so far a great tire

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
I think the BFG and the liberty are within a pound of each other, about 39# for a 32" tire.

Speaking of Liberty tires, I was finally able to get some 32x15 tires delivered. They have been out of stock everywhere. The ones for 14" wheels are easy to find but the 15s are scarce. Finally able to get a set by going to rockymountain and ordering the stock tires from the 2020 XRC RR fiche. They aren't listed anywhere else. Took about 3 weeks to get them. I'm sure the BFG is a better tire than the liberty but unless you have a hookup they are super spendy. The liberties were 180 bucks.
Bfg’s run around 44#’s

Reactions: Scott F

·
Registered
208 Posts
Someone mentioned the EFX Motohammer, which I had on my 4-seat (non-turbo) RZR and I could not believe how incredibly quickly they wore; TOTAL waste of money and literally worse than stock Big Horns. Garbage...

On my '17 X3 DS I ran the Tensor Regulators on STI beadlocks and could not have been happier with them. I had over 2K miles on them when I sold it late last year and the new owner thought they were new, I told him just to keep up on the rotations and they'll wear extremely wheel. I just put the 32-inch version of the Tensor Regulators mounted on Method 409s on my '20 X3 RS Max. I ride mainly high speed SW AZ desert and hopeful they'll work out for me as well as they did on my 2-seater.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I finally got my third set of 32x10R15 Liberty tires.
My second set has over 5000 miles and will be retired after I get my new set of XMX wheels for the new tires.

I weighed the new 32x10R15 Liberty tires and they averaged 37.8 lbs on the trusty bathroom scale.

CST has a new desert tire called the Apache. Maxxis also has a new desert tire coming.
These tires are more narrow, rounded, and heavy duty for desert racing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I finally got my third set of 32x10R15 Liberty tires.
My second set has over 5000 miles and will be retired after I get my new set of XMX wheels for the new tires.

I weighed the new 32x10R15 Liberty tires and they averaged 37.8 lbs on the trusty bathroom scale.

CST has a new desert tire called the Apache. Maxxis also has a new desert tire coming.
These tires are more narrow, rounded, and heavy duty for desert racing.
any info on the new Maxxis tire? I would definitely be interested. Seen any teaser pics or anything?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone tried the new BFG KM3?
I have the 32" BFG km3's on my max and they have held up well for me for about 200 miles so far. I ride mostly rocky trails in the southern California desert and mountains and have not had any punctures or beads popped so far. They did well in slick mud, hook up well on steep climbs, and the tread does not seem to be wearing too quickly. Most of the tires I run seem to get chewed up quickly from the rocky terrain. I can see very small pits in the lugs, but not the large chunks that other tires have suffered.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
any info on the new Maxxis tire? I would definitely be interested. Seen any teaser pics or anything?
I did see a picture, but I don't have a copy. It is narrower, 9" I believe, rounded profile, and may be available by Christmas.
I think he said 30, 32 and 35". I texted him for more info and pic. The pic is not released yet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just switched out to System 3's 15 (6+1) with 32 Tensor Regulators. Excellent so far, but very heavy compared to stock.

·
Registered
2019 X3 XRC
61 Posts
I didn't have any luck with Maxxis Liberty's (30x10R-14) on my RZR. One, I pinched the side wall against the wheel bead (12 PSI), the other I was haulin' a$$ down a sand-wash and tagged a small root, and it ruined the sidewall.

Since my 2019 XRC came with the same tire, I took em off before the first ride and installed KM3's (32x10R-14). I have 796 miles on them, the rears are wearing a bit faster than the front (go figure). but so far, I love them. I run 14 PSI rear, 12 PSI front. They track super straight at speed (on loose dirt and sand), and seem to absorb the rocks well. No issues what-so-ever. I'll replace them with the same tire when it's time, but I'm guessing that will be a while.

I mounted my 32" BFG KM3's on the stock XRC beadlock wheels (that's another story due to bead thickness). GREAT tires,

·
Premium Member
2018.5 Can Am Maverick X3 XRS
125 Posts
bobertcom,

Did you change the clutching any? I think I may go with the Regulators or Maxxis Carnivore, I need an all terrain type tire. Those look like they fit for where I ride.

Just switched out to System 3's 15 (6+1) with 32 Tensor Regulators. Excellent so far, but very heavy compared to stock.

View attachment 258546

41 - 60 of 71 Posts