Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Great tires anyone else have dealings with the Chicane?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I like the MRT 32 10 14, Kevlar belted and tough as hell. I would like to find something more reasonable, price wise but I have been happy with the performance and durability. I don't carry a spare but do carry a tube and with a bolt lock wheel its not to difficult to utilize on the trail.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
wow at 38 lbs that not bad at all, so mostly trail? hard? soft? lots of rocks?

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
I like the MRT 32 10 14, Kevlar belted and tough as hell. I would like to find something more reasonable, price wise but I have been happy with the performance and durability. I don't carry a spare but do carry a tube and with a bolt lock wheel its not to difficult to utilize on the trail.
Check with Craig (www.ProUTV.com). His pricing is honest and customer service 3nd to none.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
the kevlarare nice but at 305 a tire I thick I can get 2 pr of the chicane but diffently gonna look in two in when I need some new kicks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Running 32x10x14 Tusk Terrabites. Over 1000 miles on them with many more left. Do mostly high speed rwd in the desert. They wear good considering the price.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
For me, the stock Bighorns are "fair" for traction, but are not tall enough, and not very durable. I had Ultracross R-spec race tires on a 2016 Rzr XP Turbo, and I really liked them, but when I put the exact same tires on my 2017 X3 XRS I was not that impressed. Traction was pretty poor, especially in loose terrain like sand or gravel. The extra horsepower of the X3 just blew the tires off the road, and traction was inadequate. They were noticeably worse for traction than even the stock Bighorns were. Now I have a 2018 X3 XRS that has 29 more HP than the last X3 did, so I'm thinking I should go with a little bigger tire (32" instead of 31"), and a different tire than the Ultracross R Spec's I did last time.

For desert terrain, what do you guys think of the Kanati Terra Master in a 32x10.00R15 (10 ply, weighs 39.8 lbs) vs the Kanati Mongrel in a 32x10.00R15 (10 ply, weight 41.4 lbs), vs the EFX MotoHammer in the same 32x10.00R15 size (8 ply, weighs 40.5 lbs)?
Answering my own question, ... from 10 months ago. Go with the 32" BFG Baja TA (KR2). I did, and after a thousand miles use I can say that these are the best desert tires I've ever owned. They have the best straight line tracking and best lateral grip for cornering at high speed, of any tire I've used. They are super tough, and don't bleed off air pressure when sitting for long periods like many tires do. They are better quality tires than typical ATV or UTV tires.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Guys, i bought some used Fuel Gripper tires. 32" on stock 14" wheels. They wont hold air. We discovered that if you put pressure on the back side of the tire pushing out the back side bead leaks air. You can do this with your hands. So every time it turn to the left the left rear tire will lose air and every time i turn right the same thing happens on the right rear. Anyone have that experience? any solutions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone tried the new BFG KM3?
I put on a set of 32 km3s about 1700 miles ago, I am so happy with them I have already bought another set that are in the garage when these wear out.
My first set of tires were tensor DS 32, good tires but didn't wear for crap. I got 2200 miles out of them, a couple of plugs and they were really shot. My second set were ITP coyote 32 which I got a few more miles out of but were not as good a tire in my opinion. Am now on the BFG KM3 32 and I am really happy with these tires and I am guessing I'll get over 3500 miles out of these tires.
We live in baja so all of our riding is in the desert...

·
Registered
462 Posts
33" MRT got a great deal from Craig , ordered on Wednesday and received on Friday !

IMG_2359.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
X2 on the KM3, took a little getting used to as they perform completely different compared to the bighorns. 1200 Mike's in the bighorns and three of the 4 tiers were plugged. 800 on the KM3's and no plugs and seem to be wearing really well.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
33" MRT got a great deal from Craig , ordered on Wednesday and received on Friday !

View attachment 238219
That is a big tire. How much do they weigh?

I think my next tire is going to be either the 32" Tensor DS or BFG. My ITP Ultracrosses are holding up really well.

·
Registered
462 Posts
That is a big tire. How much do they weigh?

I think my next tire is going to be either the 32" Tensor DS or BFG. My ITP Ultracrosses are holding up really well.
41 Lbs on the bathroom scale

·
Registered
9,301 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Answering my own question, ... from 10 months ago. Go with the 32" BFG Baja TA (KR2). I did, and after a thousand miles use I can say that these are the best desert tires I've ever owned. They have the best straight line tracking and best lateral grip for cornering at high speed, of any tire I've used. They are super tough, and don't bleed off air pressure when sitting for long periods like many tires do. They are better quality tires than typical ATV or UTV tires.
Where'd you get the Baja T/A's in a 32x15?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've been impressed with the Maxxis Liberty 32x10.5R15's so far. I put over 5000 miles on the Tensor 32" DS tire, which is a great desert racing tire; great grip on hardpack, tough sidewalls, and the lightest 32 inch tire out there. Its only downfall is its relatively short tread life and high price. We just raced the Liberties at the NORRA Mexican 1000, and went 1230 race miles on the same set of tires with no flats (Third Overall Stock Turbo UTV in a class of 25 cars). They are only a few pounds heavier than the DS tire at 38 lbs, but they perform great and last considerably longer. They have a more flexible sidewall than the DS that makes them more comfortable on square edged terrain. We ran them at 16 psi the entire race, but have run them at lower pressures when trail riding and they work really well.
DAY1CARSSANTACATARINA1-0605.JPG View attachment DSC_5271.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
I ran libertys when we pre ran the 1000 in 17 1132 miles and they stll looked like new and performed pretty good , I lost my front drive, ( elec short? ) and dident know it till I got back home so ran most of it in 2 wheel they are a good tire

21 - 40 of 71 Posts