Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think there is something wrong with your Mav.
a bone stock XP is no match for a 1000 Mav.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
if he is all stock and no add ons and your Add ons are adding weight weather you want to believe it or not. and the Windshield causes resistance to. Every little bit adds up.
Stereo amp, JL cage mount speakers, doors, roof,rock sliders, lite Bar, Gusset kit. it all adds up., yes you should be kicking the 900s Ass. but your clutching can be worse than Most so its gonna suck.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Hmmm sound familiar. I'm having similar issues and think I might need to re-flash the ecu. I have a ride this coming weekend, so I plan on sending my ecu to MRRPM the following week. I'm hoping this will fix whatever issue I have going on. I was sure it was a clutch issue, but have done every combo of clutching I have available. I just can't get my top end back up to what it used to be, so I'm thinking m ecu is screwing with me.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Hmmm sound familiar. I'm having similar issues and think I might need to re-flash the ecu. I have a ride this coming weekend, so I plan on sending my ecu to MRRPM the following week. I'm hoping this will fix whatever issue I have going on. I was sure it was a clutch issue, but have done every combo of clutching I have available. I just can't get my top end back up to what it used to be, so I'm thinking m ecu is screwing with me.
I think you should mix in a about 3 gallons of 100 or better unleaded race fuel . I was talking to some guys who are going inside the computers on the Max and he said it has a pretty conservative Knock sensor that will pull timing out and that will slow your car down. So mix in some Race fuel and see if that helps it out.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
You might be right, but after reading what USAGUY found out about his (same issue) I think I'm going to try the re-flash (was probably going to do it anyway). Either that or go over to Del Amo Motorsports and see if Nick remebers what magic he had to do to get Charles fixed up.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Uhhh my wheels are carbon fiber. They ain't heavy. I really don't have much extra weight. 50lb doors and a roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
weight your new wheel & tire set up and weigh ur old set up , just one wheel the rear , did u have windshield on , that's a drag ? air pressure 15-18 psi on asphalt , 4wd launch ,

it is weird but I have seen a few other xp900 and maverick runs and were side by side to , and other beat them by 4-5 bikes, a lot comes in facture tho

·
Registered
124 Posts
Take your keys to the dealer and have them reprogrammed. My Mav was slower after the 10 hr maintenance which was done at the dealer. Nobody could figure out why but I asked if they hooked it to a puter and they said they did. Not sure what could have happened but they redid the keys and it was good after. Worth a try.

·
Registered
528 Posts
You might be missing some torque with the Slip on...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2014 Xxc and my son has a 2013 XP 900 I beat him out of the hole and steadily pull away the whole run everytime. Stock vs stock.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Off-roading Car

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
There is no reason your Maverick should not be beating a XP900. The 900 is lighter, but you have a lot more hp and torque. How quickly are you getting to 60?

Also the people claiming 80mph in there Maverick are on a paved road going downhill or have different size tires throwing the speedo off. Don't believe all the top speed stuff. If you ask the Maverick owners for true statement on a stock Maverick what there top speed is on a dirt road it is likey between 70 to 75.

They claim my XP1000 will do 80. If might, but it will take it a while to get there. Top speed is only important if you are going to race for 5 miles on a straight dirt road.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
There is no reason your Maverick should not be beating a XP900. The 900 is lighter, but you have a lot more hp and torque. How quickly are you getting to 60?

Also the people claiming 80mph in there Maverick are on a paved road going downhill or have different size tires throwing the speedo off. Don't believe all the top speed stuff. If you ask the Maverick owners for true statement on a stock Maverick what there top speed is on a dirt road it is likey between 70 to 75.

They claim my XP1000 will do 80. If might, but it will take it a while to get there. Top speed is only important if you are going to race for 5 miles on a straight dirt road.
I agree with this post some people don't give facts about top speed...my 14 Xxc Mav does 75-76mph on a flat paved road and down hill the most I've seen on my speedo was 77mph at 8000rpm's my Mav is totally stock.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts