Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Raced a stock 2013 Rzr 900 yesterday against my basically stock 2014 Xrs. I have slip ons. He has nothing. We dragged 300 ft 3 times. Neither of us got the hole shot and we were neck and neck the entire length. Neither could gain on the other. Kinda sux him running a 2013 900 Rzr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
I wouldn't want the RZR if it was twice as fast. I'll take the quality.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed but it still sux. I drove it and hated the ride, steering and handling. However, it was neck and neck in a drag 3 times which pisses me off.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You dont have all those parts in your sig installed?

Reactions: Chappy227

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tune monster and clutches aren't installed yet. Waiting on clutches to instal the monster.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the 900 is stock. It's a bud of mine.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
By the looks of your Sig you have a lot of extra weight. and those heavy 14'' wheels don't help. Weight Kills.

Reactions: Zakka

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uhhh my wheels are carbon fiber. They ain't heavy. I really don't have much extra weight. 50lb doors and a roof.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Buddy of mine just bought 900xp and I pull him all the way to 300' have at least 4 lengths at finish, ran about 6 times same results every time even switched drivers.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that sux for me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really don't egg what's going on with my buggy. I have 90 miles on it and I can't get over 73mph. But I see guys oh here hitting near 80 brand new. Kinda frustrating.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That's weird. I've raced at least 3 different XPs and I've always won by at least one length. Raced in the sand on the road and up hills. They were never even close.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mine tops out 75, are you running at least 91 octane gas? these have knock sensors and will pull timing if it senses detonation

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pisses me off. I don't know where to look for my problem. I think it had to be clutch. But I have an STM secondary ordered from Airdam if he would ever get it done.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm running 93 fuel. Once the tune monster gets installed and tune it will change the game. Still makes no sense I'm neck and neck with a rzr 900.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Your buddy probably has the High output package that comes on the Jagged X model. Adds an aclaimed 6 more HP, really woke up my buddies xp900.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol.u bought the slow Mav
Rpms are dead on. It has to be sh!t clutching from the factory. We'll see how that changes if I ever get my STM from Airdam.

Reactions: RiverRat77

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'd look real hard at your slip-ons, maybe the fuel you are running. My 2013 is bone stock, the Rzr here is a Stage 1 or 2 Alba Rzr 900...and I dusted him. He has more top end I think, but in set distances I smoked him.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts