Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from a day at lake havaZOOO...lol... arizonia, canam had a couple trailers there with mavericks to test ride in a decent course. SADLY no max 4 was present as there not yet into production until the first wave on 2 seaters come out. they will be here around may 2013. i wanted to see leg room in the max, but soon on that.

now, for the maverick... i went expencting a lot, all the hype, all the media, all the posts, everything heard and read on my mind... so i was truly expecting a big deal...

well, it lived up to that expectaion and blew it away, it was even better than i had hoped (again i speak for 2 seater only as no one has tested a 4 yet in public platform)..

i was not aware a suspension could be this nice, some special made fox shocks, oh and teh beatttery has been rlated to rear of machine. even the oem metal doors rocked!!! it is easy to convert the maverick x to a x limited, they had some that way. limited radio, gps, center dash,etc...

seriously guys, if you just think about touching the pedal its gone like a rocket, had very little heat issues, in teh desert where they had been on all day at 98 degrees. welcome releif. this is not a power steering unit, but i could not tell it as it glided pretty easy. it is easier to steer vs the commander limited non powered steering. machine is incredible, did not disappoint.

all i will say in closing, i guarantee you unless you ride one, you wont understand is power and suspensiont. i do feel it has 2 hands up on the xp, but please if you have a event near you. go ride it like you stole it and you will know then!! awesome machine. none of these words you see on forums, media, web sites can do it justice.
had a great ride!!! a couple brief videos

·
Registered
72 Posts
Been saying it. Go demo one, then you will want one. They handle amazing, are quiet, has awesome suspension and kick the xps butt!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any chance it DOESN'T howl at 130+ decibels like the commanders?

JC
no the noise level is acceptable, could hear and talk to passenger/driver. also no clunking noise, i think the machine knows your about to touch gas pedal as it reacts instant. noise is not bad at all.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i also heard un-official of course...lol.. the 4 seater should be in select dealers no later then end of may, at least that is there current goal.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what is cool, you can make this a maverick limited so to speak, best of the commander limited inside- stereo, speaker, center console, gps, sport visor and add to the maverick. as to mods, the most i could see to add is a 4inch lift and 2 inch spacers and call it a day. i would not add any of that, but i could see some wanting that. the feeling of being unstable slightly, does not exist on teh maverick. its rock solid

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for posting cant wait to ride one! From your vid it looks like I can put a tighter fitting front bumper on to gain a couple needed inches in my Toy Haulers 120" Guarage. Thats good news becuase if it wouldnt fit it would be a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Thank you for posting it is greatly appreciated. When mine comes in up here in Canada we will have a lot of snow and ice by then, if others didn't post riding in those conditions I will. I don't think there will be much difference in the northern US delivery dates to Canada's.
This is awesome feedback like I said previously I'm glad I put a little faith in Can am to hae an awesome machine sounds like pwr steering might not be needed and just need to see regarding the QE.. Can somebody ask the can am guys if the pwr steering from a commander would just fit and would the DPS be operational from the gauge cluster like on the commanders? I still bet tight woods driving would be nicer with pwr steer especially backing etc..

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thnx for the report.... Looking foward to some Eastern demo days so we can check em out in the woods.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I was at trailfest in gilbert wv and the canam guys was there with some commanders and outlanders for people to demo and I started a convo about the maverick. Pretty much everything we already knew, standard viso lok no power steering. He seemed like a level headed man that didn't try to throw a sales pitch at me. He said the maverick really did impress him when he had the chance to ride it. According to him everywhere they took the maverick they had a rzr xp and wildcat in the group to make sure the mav was better in every way

·
Registered
791 Posts
For you guys that are going to get to try it out in Glamis, If you get a chance, please try test the visco to see how many wheel revolutions to lockup and also try sport mode in low range to see if it works or not. (get one front tire off the ground and spin it by hand to count the revolutions before lockup)

Us poor souls in Canada are not going to get to drive one of these for a while! Also curious if it has a stronger steering rack than the commander and if it looks like the front diff would be interchangeable with the commander front diff.
thanks!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
For you guys that are going to get to try it out in Glamis, If you get a chance, please try test the visco to see how many wheel revolutions to lockup and also try sport mode in low range to see if it works or not. (get one front tire off the ground and spin it by hand to count the revolutions before lockup)

Us poor souls in Canada are not going to get to drive one of these for a while! Also curious if it has a stronger steering rack than the commander and if it looks like the front diff would be interchangeable with the commander front diff.

thanks![/QUOTE

You sure theres nothing else..lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the review. Like the rest of my Canadian brothers I will be waiting patiently (NOT) for my chance to get my hands on one of these babies.

Power steering would be a nice addition in our tight trails here. Also, I will be very interested to see what the price tag will be in Cdn $'s.

·
Registered
791 Posts

thanks![/QUOTE

You sure theres nothing else..lol
Yes, and please race it against a RZR XP and video the results LMAO

1 - 20 of 21 Posts