Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these tires at dunefest on a few military machines on vendor row but never got a chance to see the guys run them. What do you all think about them? And how they would compare to paddles? The only thing holding me back in getting paddles is sometimes depending on where I camp I have to run up and down the road for a ways.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
STU makes a tire called the desert track

Application
Proven to be the most versatile sand tire ever made for sand and desert applications. Similar to the 1200 Desert Trak but somewhat wider, it gives just the right amount of floatation and bite. This sand tire is the popular choice of people running their vehicles in sand and the desert. Recommended for wheels from 10 to 12 inches with a diameter of 15 inches.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
those r sweet for vw's

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The deltas are very similar. How do you think they would do on a maverick on all 4's?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I saw these tires at dunefest on a few military machines on vendor row but never got a chance to see the guys run them. What do you all think about them? And how they would compare to paddles? The only thing holding me back in getting paddles is sometimes depending on where I camp I have to run up and down the road for a ways.
Sutherlin Oregon, I'm assuming you are talking about Winchester bay and you must be camping at the Windy cove spots if you are having to run on concrete. I don't think they will do as well as a Skat hauler But I do think they will be better than the stock big horns. Yes pavement will kill haulers quicker than S**t. I'd say camp closer to the SAND. :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol you are exactly right Pnutz! Most of the time we camp in half moon bay with would be no problem with paddles, but on bigger weekend we stay in windy cove.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts