Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their shock bushings with the (race delrin) ones? I see them all over for sale. Wondering if it fixes a potential problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I am considering doing this to my Max. After 400 miles, I notice the rear bushings are starting to peal on the sides and offset a bit. Seems like the OEM bushings might be a weakness, so yes, I think there is a potential problem here.

Reactions: chevycraig

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Reactions: chevycraig

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
So where do you source that bronze bushing kit from?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Would you be willing to share pictures and or drawings? I have no interest in making them for sale. I would be manufacturing them for personal use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yea i can post some when my next batch is finished. The bushings are done, just need to turn the spacer. the bronze is a grey color because it is made from SAE 863, has a higher iron content than regular oilite bronze making it much stronger and wear resistant. bushing.jpg

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hmm I haven't really torn into the A-Arms yet, I was assuming there was a bearing race in the pivot point much like my other ATVs.... So No bearings just bushings?

Banshee A Arm Bearings...
Y-FCBE-003.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
yea there is no needle bearing in there... its a steel sleeve that the M10 bolt crushes on, then the rubber bushings rotate around. rubber WILL wear out.

With the bronze/stainless setup, the bronze bushing rotates around the stainless sleeve. put a little grease in there and you are golden for a long time.

making kits as we speak, PM me for one.

Hmm I haven't really torn into the A-Arms yet, I was assuming there was a bearing race in the pivot point much like my other ATVs.... So No bearings just bushings?

Banshee A Arm Bearings...
View attachment 9345

1 - 14 of 14 Posts