Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local dealer to just snoop around and lo and behold there sat a maverick XRS. The owner was there picking it up and he was some kind of can am racer. Nice fellow. I immediately called my dealer and put my deposit down. Now the waiting begins.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just wish my dealer would get theirs!!!
these last few days sure do seem alot longer.

·
Registered
322 Posts
MO still saying Feb. This blows, obviously I would have paid shipping or driven to get one in another state had I known this would be the case.

JC

·
Registered
998 Posts
MO still saying Feb. This blows, obviously I would have paid shipping or driven to get one in another state had I known this would be the case.

JC
I'm in the same situation, the not knowing is what is bothering me. If they could give me a date I would be fine. I'm getting ready to buy one in Cali and have it shipped. Ky law says if they don't refund my deposit it can be used as store credit, so ill buy a top and windshield which I would purchase anyway

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Even though I am really disappointed its not getting the updated front diff or power steering, i decided to go with the maverick anyway. I can always add what I want later and next years model which will probably have those will also be more expensive. Seeing it in person is a totally different experience than seeing pics or video. It is an impressive machine even before you get to drive one. I guess polaris thinks the world revolves around them and everyone is suppose to wait and see what they come out with. Im pretty sure what they are releasing is dune focused anyway so it wont matter to me anyhow. The dealer I have my deposit with said that the mavericks will be rolling out faster than they were expecting. There was an issue or something and that was gonna push deliveries back but that got resolved so they are getting them out. But you know how that stuff goes.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm not sure about my deposit, but I've got a couple emails into people so we'll see what the offer is. If it's msrp plus $500 for shipping or something, sold. If it's MSRP+freight+dealerprep+bs+shipping I'm out.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just read the other post about the driver side skid missing, it appears this guys maverick is missing his also. Check before you leave dealership guys.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea I seen your other post. Like I said that seems odd. I would want one, looks like it would hang up on stuff.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yea I seen your other post. Like I said that seems odd. I would want one, looks like it would hang up on stuff.
This should get taken care of by an aftermarket skid plate kit,
(iie Fiberskinz)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Crazy..... The guy hauled his 18k Mav on a bent up $100 trailer! Here in Az we can drive them home ...lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've be told by local dealer that Australia will receive some mavericks in January, If we're to receive some they must be rolling out quickly

1 - 20 of 24 Posts