Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over that past few weekends my friend and I have been working on my 18’ trailer so we can get two SXSs on it. We want to take one trailer down to Baja. We took my 50” high ramp gate and cut it in half so it could lay flat and give us the extra trailer length needed. My friend welded some hitch receivers on the side of the trailer and we used some 2x2s to make a place for the gate to rest on. We then drilled holes so we could run a bolt through the gate and 2x2 and bolt it down. No worrying about it moving.

Both SXSs fit no problem. Just had to mess with placement of the cars to get enough tongue weight. Tows nice and straight and no swaying.

It is a simple set up and when I don’t need the extra space I still have a trailer gate. Just unbolt the gate, slide the 2x2s into the hitch receiver and lift up the gate. For the lights we used the magnetic ones that I can move easily depending on whether the gate is up or down.

I am delighted with the outcome. It will make it delightful on those trips when we want to take one trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
6,463 Posts
What a delightful thread ! I am truly delighted reading through it!

Have delightfully Rainbowey, Unicorny day!
Tim

Tim

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As long as you pay the appropriate tax and fees, anything is allowed in Cali!!!
There was only a $300 trailer modification permit needed and a $400 working in delightful weather tax. I got a rebate on the weather tax because it was over 95 degrees and on the humid side. LOL!

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
There was only a $300 trailer modification permit needed and a $400 working in delightful weather tax. I got a rebate on the weather tax because it was over 95 degrees and on the humid side. LOL!
How much rebate is there on the fires, then the mudslides?

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
Yep, Just another sucky day in California. View attachment 239871
Yep, and you guys can have it. If it weren't for those dunes, I wouldn't step foot in that state. In fact the last 2 TDYs I was supposed to travel to, they told me California, I politely told them, get somebody else.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep, and you guys can have it. If it weren't for those dunes, I wouldn't step foot in that state. In fact the last 2 TDYs I was supposed to travel to, they told me California, I politely told them, get somebody else.
We are already full of people from New Jersey, so need to visit. LOL!

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That trailer good for the weight capacity?
Yep. Last year we had both cars on there with a huge platform for my car to go up on. Much more weight than the current set up.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That’s different but as long as it works, I’m testing out a 20’ this week cause I don’t like how little room a 16’ has.
It is a simple and effect set up for the few times a year I will have two SXSs on the trailer.

I should of got a 20' trailer, but at the time I bought it I was not going to Baja and did not have visions of throwing two SXSs on there. Plus I had a shorter SXS. The intent was to be able to put two quads side by side with the SXS behind and room for misc stuff.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts