Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's located just below where the drivers right elbow would be. The wires are too short to use the crimp like normal, so I just twisted the wires together and used one end of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is that a heat shrink connector? I always use heat shrink tubing or connector and if I'm really worried sometimes I'll use a little dielectric grease to keep corrosion down.

Nice mod! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I will be doing this mod later today. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that a heat shrink connector? I always use heat shrink tubing or connector and if I'm really worried sometimes I'll use a little dielectric grease to keep corrosion down.

Nice mod! Thanks for sharing!
It's a crimp. The wires tied into the harness are pretty short, so I only used one end of it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Looks like you cut just above the factory connector and then just connected the wires correct?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sorry if this is dumb question but on my buddies commander you need to plug the safety net in or it wont go full speed. Im putting the turnkey doors on.. So do i only need this done on the seatbelt or do i need to do something with the net latch as well? are mavericks different than commanders?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Looks like I'll be picking up a maverick tomorrow and this will be the first mod. I'm assuming that there is only one of these connectors that must be jumpered and not a second one for the passenger seat belt, right?
It looks like there is some plastic to remove, is that basically the whole center console or will a rear section come off independantly of the larger assembly?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There's only one to jump. You take off the plastic side panel on the driver side, and I had the plastic panel from underneath the driver seat off also because I was doing seatbelt installs.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Sounds good and shouldn't take but a few minutes. Haven't heard about your clutch lately, did you get it up and running again with the recall kit on it yet? I'm hoping I don't have to go through anything like you did but I think that sand and mud are probably the hardest on clutch and belt and I don't do much of that. We'll see, heading to the dealer in the morning to pick mine up and my son is bouncing off the walls already.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Good luck on it. Did you do extended warranty?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts