Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

deep wate,r does the gas cap stay sealed

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  heavysledz 
#1 ·
just curious as any water crossings I have been through so far was under the gas cap. in looking at it, (I have the canam locking one) do you think that tiny seal down there on cap is going to keep water out of tank under water for 5 minutes at a time? anyone ever have issue with water penetration thru cap? just wondering before my next ride as I will be in a river crossing 18-22 inch deep. looks like it would noy be to reliable, when submerged, but I could be very wrong. any one have experience in that area or done it ok.

#3 ·
Bulldog I have Sat in 22" of water waiting for my buddies to move forward can yes one of there poo poos got stuck. Besides being freezing cold n my wife mad cause her floatations devises were tested I haven't had an issue. We r in water up to those floatations devises plenty of the time n I love it. But no water in fuel....knock on wood

#6 ·
Pictures (of the floatation devices) or it didn't happen :smile:

Reactions: bulldogs101
#4 ·
thank you guys, what bothered me is it tightens so far then clicks, which to me did not seem super tight for water, but that is why I asked, so im good with it now. thanks

#5 ·
Floatation devices? lol... adding that one to the vocabulary.

#8 ·
Lol, they are more like life rafts. They might not have saved my lifes or hers but they do enhance it a Whole lot.

I might have a pic of us in water up to our waists but give me the weekend to get a pick of said floatations devises :wink:

#12 ·
we are gonna hold you to it :in love:

#9 ·
This thread made me google Floating Boobs( cause every guy has to see that once right ?)
N I got this Swimwear Ball Sculpture Fictional character Mermaid

Put the dot there cause I didn't want to get in trouble in case there a rule against the boobies

#13 ·
This thread made me google Floating Boobs( cause every guy has to see that once right ?)
N I got this View attachment 5990
Put the dot there cause I didn't want to get in trouble in case there a rule against the boobies
Just imagine what those are gonna look like when she is 50!.......like a grapefruit in a knee high sock:shocked:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.