Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I live in western Canada and everything I want to buy for my maverick has to come from south of the border and I refuse to pay outrageous shipping/broker fees from UPS, I decided to give it a shot and try to build my own roof rack. It certainly helps to have a friend who has his own torch table and my father, who is a welder. image.jpg
I am still waiting for my friend to cut pieces for both sides, which will have "maverick" cut out. Overall, I am very pleased on how it looks. I am still not sure if I will get it powder coated or just do the dupli color bed liner spray.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Great job! Is this for the standard Maverick or for the Max?

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's for a max, however, it will probably fit the 2 seater as well. I made it 4' long for my max because I have the canam soft top roof as well as an overhead stereo, towards the front. Also, I am making it so I can remove it fairly quick, with just 4 bolts. I will post more pics later of how it's mounted and all.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Very nice handy work! !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Nice work man!

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you should build a bunch and sell them,it looks really good.
Thanks! Biggest reason I am building one myself is the outrageous shipping costs on larger items. Maybe someone like Alex Reed, or someone else who has a cnc torch table, could cut out the side plates, for guys who want to build one.
The rest is pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good work.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good.. Are u gonna powder coat it or leave it raw
I am leaning towards coating it with the dupli color bed liner. I'm guessing to get something of this size powder coated in my area would run me around $200. I am planning on using it only a couple times a year, on longer, over night trips so the bed liner will be just fine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
367 Posts
Install pics please

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We used a tubing bender with 1.5" OD tubing. It was my first time using a bender so I would say it was fairly easy to build. I now have the side pieces with "maverick" cut out in them. Hopefully I will get the sides welded on in the next day or so, then paint it right away and post finished pics as well as mounted.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Since I live in western Canada and everything I want to buy for my maverick has to come from south of the border and I refuse to pay outrageous shipping/broker fees from UPS
Where are you at in Alberta? Little farther north? Rack turned out awesome, can't wait to see it mounted!

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Finally finished the rack last weekend. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
I went with the dupli color bed liner. I will see how it holds up and if it doesn't, powder coating it is. I will post better pics once I get it outside in good lighting. Overall, very satisfied with outcome

1 - 20 of 22 Posts