Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I should be picking up my XXC on Tuesday. I'd like your recommendations on a few things. I want to add the following:

4/5 point harness
Winch
Roof
Stereo and speakers
Rear bumper

Ive read various threads and it seems like there are not alot of options out there for alot of items.

I see you need to add a cross bar to use the harness but only one I see is UTV's and it mounts to the second bar going up instead of the first like on the 13 year models. That cuts into my storage space too much. Any other options?

What about the rear bumper. UTV's looks solid what other choices do I have?

Roof/Stereo/Speakers - No clue as to install radio in dash or on roof so need info as to what route you went and why?

I assume the XXC frames etc... are the same as the maverick in regards to mount points and size.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Hello all,

I should be picking up my XXC on Tuesday. I'd like your recommendations on a few things. I want to add the following:

4/5 point harness
Winch
Roof
Stereo and speakers
Rear bumper

Ive read various threads and it seems like there are not alot of options out there for alot of items.

I see you need to add a cross bar to use the harness but only one I see is UTV's and it mounts to the second bar going up instead of the first like on the 13 year models. That cuts into my storage space too much. Any other options?

What about the rear bumper. UTV's looks solid what other choices do I have?

Roof/Stereo/Speakers - No clue as to install radio in dash or on roof so need info as to what route you went and why?

I assume the XXC frames etc... are the same as the maverick in regards to mount points and size.

Thanks!
Congrats on your Xxc it's an awesome ride you'll enjoy...so far I got the roof... hitch...box liner which helps the mud and up dust from coming up through the open rack area..next up as soon as they have them at the dealers is mud guards shouldn't need very wide ones as the Xxc's wheel base is narrower than the Xrs...the machine already has seat belts can't see the need for the harness but I will be getting a winch..parts from the dealer are very expensive kind of a rip 0ff IMO but don't like any of the aftermarket stuff..good luck with it bud!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got the Can Am bar and harnesses for my Xxc. Have them on he RZR an they are a must have in my opinion. Waiting for my white UTV inc roof.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I too have a 14 harness bar that connects to the front bar. I had to modify it (cut & re-weld brackets) in order for the can am tool box to properly fit on the back rack.
I strongly recommend you getting the 4 or 5 point harness; Gusset kit as well a must in my opinion. Depending on which kind of terrain you ride, I would recommend new skid plate; I tore up factory one within 2 weeks! Have install UHMW skid plate and it has been great!

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
The harness bar is not listed on the site. I have them but I haven't gone into full production with them yet

·
Registered
218 Posts
I got the Can Am bar and harnesses for my Xxc. Have them on he RZR an they are a must have in my opinion. Waiting for my white UTV inc roof.
you are going to
like the roof here is a photo of mine with the Utv white roof.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Badcat, Roof looks good can't wait to get mine. I wanted to put a light bar under the front of the roof but it looks like it would be to low. My harness bar mounts to the front bar.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm working on a bracket that will bolt to the outside of the cage gussets and wrap around to mount a light right above the roof lip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts