Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I buy a maverick around 3 hrs away from where I live because they was more knowledgable and I got a better price than the 4 local dealerships I have within an hour from me. Well now that I've hit my 10 hr service interval and I can't get any of the local dealers to do the service. First thing they ask is "did you buy it hear" and the followed up by a "call next week". This is the reason why I bought it out of town because my local stealerships are turning business away and trying to rob ppl blind on machines. I'm going to give another round of calls tomorrow and see if I can't get a appointment made and if not ill be calling corporate and talking to someone about the pissy service I'm getting.. Sorry guys I had to vent

·
Registered
728 Posts
That is what a lot of dealers do. I used to work for a car dealer and found a lot of car dealers did the same think. We started giving other dealers customers such good service that the next time they needed a car they wouldn't consider going any place else.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I'm getting screwed on service I'm for sure not buying a machine there, they should be trying to win over a customer instead of pissing one off

·
Registered
217 Posts
If I'm getting screwed on service I'm for sure not buying a machine there, they should be trying to win over a customer instead of pissing one off
That's how my dealer got my business i stopped in for a oil plug washer that the dealership i bought it at messed up and they changed it out and didn't charge me a dime that got my business i bought my rzr xp and maverick from them since then

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Mine wanted to not give me any warranty! Instead he said he was going to sign me up as a " racer"
For BRP and said I'd get all kinds of swag and stuff. I'm calling again today to speak to the owner, I
Didn't want this or ask for it but this dude is a shister and will do anything to get out of warranting
My new ride, bs

·
Registered
649 Posts
So I buy a maverick around 3 hrs away from where I live because they was more knowledgable and I got a better price than the 4 local dealerships I have within an hour from me. Well now that I've hit my 10 hr service interval and I can't get any of the local dealers to do the service. First thing they ask is "did you buy it hear" and the followed up by a "call next week". This is the reason why I bought it out of town because my local stealerships are turning business away and trying to rob ppl blind on machines. I'm going to give another round of calls tomorrow and see if I can't get a appointment made and if not ill be calling corporate and talking to someone about the pissy service I'm getting.. Sorry guys I had to vent
I know of one That def WILL take ur business.... PM me please

·
Registered
128 Posts
This probly isn't going to be popular but Just curious what you are going to "report" them for?

asking you to pay what can am says you should pay for a unit or being to busy to do your first service right away? we have a one week wait for workshop right now with four full time techs and a fitter!! they are slammed with people getting ready for the season so unless its saturday when its first come first served your gonna wait a week at least, as for dealers "charging too much" you want a unit that has more buyers than available units right now so in all reality you should expect to pay full retail, the dealers out there doing big discounts on units like these are usually the ones who dont have trained techs or the proper equipment to work on specific units and as i have said before they are always the dealers at the shows complaining they cant make any money (we all know who they are) out of anything!

as hard as it is to stomach dealers are there to make a profit just like you go to work to get paid they sell stuff at a profit so they can pay the bills too and also when you need help they are there, if they don't make any money the people who suffer in the long run are the consumer with shitty service and poorly educated staff since minimum wage doesn't get you much these days!

and yes I'm a dealer :serious:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Dealers are notorious for being stealers, profit ok but dont fck people around cause they didnt buy the machine from you, It say's Can Am on the sign meaning you can get your machine fixed there and they should suck your **** for your business, if you dont like to be customer focused for the brand dont hang the sign call yourself a Can am dealership. If I drove my Chev to a dealer for service and the first thing out thier mouth was did you buy it here and try to make me feel there doing me a favour since I didnt buy it there Chev would kick thier ass. Too many rinky dink little un proffesional dealers for this shit. Hatred for the dealers has been well earned my friend.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Why would you consider taking your ride to, in your words "stealership" in the 1st place? Do you think their service department is better than the sales department? Its probably worse. I have seen lots of guys get burned by driving all day to save 500 dollars and then whine when a local dealer won't do the service or Warranty work for them. Drive the 3 hours and give the work to the guy you bought it from he earned it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I have To take a day off work to take it where I bought it I will. They're is no reason for a dealership to ask "did you buy it here". I can't get what I would call fair or reasonable service so I think some one from can am needs to know about it. I'm sure it's not in the contract that they're only responsible for servicing machines they sold and screw everyone else that bought one else where.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I basically dont take to dealer but to hear that crap ticks me off. Im fortunate I have a good dealer and am not complaining. A long time ago with another product I was going to import a machine and it was the dealer that wouldnt do warranty work, the manufacturer had no problem with it and would pay so the dealer took cross border shopping on as his own cause. Never went back there and bad mouth them every chance............

·
Registered
128 Posts
problem with things people "hear" about dealers is they usually only hear half the story, trust me i know im a dealer and ive "heard" stories about other dealers who i know then i give them a hard time about it and they tell me the full story, there's usually a full story to go with every dealer complaint lol

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm not familiar with atv dealerships but in my line of work it is common to ask if "they have been here before" or "did you purchase with us" because their info would already be in the computer system & make writing them up so much faster which makes the customer happy to get in & out quickly. I've had both good & bad Can Am dealers and know which ones to stay away from.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
must suck to have your dealers!
It does, that's why you very rarely see a can am on the trail in my neck of the woods. The two local Polaris dealers are great with sales and service. I've been practically begging them to pick can am up, I'm tired of these stealerships trying to rob people blind.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
problem with things people "hear" about dealers is they usually only hear half the story, trust me i know im a dealer and ive "heard" stories about other dealers who i know then i give them a hard time about it and they tell me the full story, there's usually a full story to go with every dealer complaint lol
I assure you I've tried everything possible to get these places to look at my machine. They are no other side to the story, they'll ask if I bought it there and then tell me call next week or two or they're to busy before they even have time to see what they have going on. They have no interest what so ever in servicing my machine. I'm going to give them a call today and let them know in a polite and professional way how I'm not happy with how they are turning my service work down because I didn't purchase from them

·
Registered
128 Posts
I assure you I've tried everything possible to get these places to look at my machine. They are no other side to the story, they'll ask if I bought it there and then tell me call next week or two or they're to busy before they even have time to see what they have going on. They have no interest what so ever in servicing my machine. I'm going to give them a call today and let them know in a polite and professional way how I'm not happy with how they are turning my service work down because I didn't purchase from them
they must just not like you since your money is the same as everybody elses :wink:

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol yeah good possibility, or the obvious reason because I didn't buy it there because I saved almost a $1,000 by going going somewhere else

1 - 20 of 46 Posts