Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Im new to the forum but have been lurking for the last year.... I decided on buying a Maverick and have been looking for the best price. I'm located outside Philadelphia and have been to many dealerships, so far. I've been searching for a new or used 2015-2016 Maverick Xrs and have found a few with decent price points.

Today, I stopped a dealer to check out a listing I found through their website, and was disappointed in what I saw. The listing was for a NEW 2015 Can-Am X rs DPS 1000 @ $16,099.00 with a disclaimer that the price includes the $1,500 rebate through Can-Am. I noticed in their picture that all the units were outside. I didn't think they were left outside and uncovered since they were assembled.

The Xrs I was there to look at was dirty and wet. All of the flaws I found were from exposure to the elements.

After speaking with a salesman, he refused to work on the listed price even after pointing out obvious flaws. (Photos Below)

My questions to you guys are:

Why would Dealer store new inventory outside for extended periods of time?

What would you pay for this rig? How good of a deal would it take for you to buy?

Rusty Mav_FULL.jpg Seat_Damage.jpg PLASTICS.jpg RUST1.jpg RUST2.jpg

Just about every piece of hardware had some sort of rust/ oxidation on it. Seats were faded and deteriorated. Plastics were faded. Exhaust joints were rusty/deteriorated.
RUST:OXIDATION.jpg
Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Paid less than that otd on my 14 and it was fresh out of the box. Nobody's going to want that unless they take a substantial amount off. Looks like shit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have seen numerous dealers who store them outside. It takes a lot of space to have them inside. That one looks to be in tough shape.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree that looks used.

I stopped by a dealer last weekend to look at a 16 XDS Turbo, it had 28.5hrs on it (didn't look at mileage) my first question was "is it used"? He told me nope, brand new and the hours were from letting it warm up before pulling it to the front of the store from the back every morning. I'm not buying that XDS or that explanation.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Wow my dif didn't look that bad after 3 years of abuse.
It's that northern atmosphere. Same reason we don't buy cars from up there.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My dealer leaves stuff outside but routinely rotates the showroom inventory, plus they have a big quanset put back. I made sure mine came from a crate when I bought it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Paid less than that otd on my 14 and it was fresh out of the box. Nobody's going to want that unless they take a substantial amount off. Looks like shit.

Well, I'm looking for numbers. If you were in my shoes here, what would you pay on this "new" unit?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tires looked new. Everything on the machine appeared new. New, but left out in the elements for a year. Not a scratch or mark on the underside.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Well, I'm looking for numbers. If you were in my shoes here, what would you pay on this "new" unit?
13,500 with a no questions asked 3 year warranty. There are used ones out there that look better than that one.

Reactions: Timbo_Slice

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree. But, I'm just not willing to drive to South Carolina to buy one of the pretty ones you speak of, only to bring it back to my shitty weathered, salty state.

·
Registered
55 Posts
that thing looks like crap with all the rust. I'm with the other guy at 13-13,500. My 2013 Mav with 2000 hard miles looks better.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
That rust or any rust wouldn't bother me, it's pretty superficial. When you consider that it would look the same after spending a day out riding and going through water. Unless of course if you towl dry your machine off which I most definitely don't do myself. The only thing that would put me off is the faded seats. The problem with sun faded material is it might have weakend threads or or the material might rip or tear easily. I'd get the extended warranty thrown in for free and have it put on paper that the seats are covered. I'd also get a free hat and maybe a sticker.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts