Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 2014 Mav xxc leftover and had a horrible experience with Can am dealers. To make a long story short my buddy just bought one at a dealer 50 miles away. He saw it, stopped, did a credit app and and drove off with it. I called the same dealer a week later at 9 am and said I would come pick an xxc up after work if they would to give me the same price as my buddy. They said they would call me back. I was anxious to pick up my new machine and I called 5 times throughout the day and they kept stating they didn't have time verify what my buddy paid. It took me 3 days to realize they weren't interested in my business. So I started calling other dealers. It took me two weeks to find a dealer who was willing to deal with me and return my calls. I had to drive 2hrs one way to get it, bypassing 4 dealers closer to me . After purchasing the unit I was told some misleading information to get me to return for the first service(Previous post). So Does Can am realize they have dealers like this?

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I don't know why but I simply don't believe this. Im not calling you a liar I just simply don't believe it. If there were 4 dealers in your area that had the machine you wanted in stock it makes absolutely no sense why none of them would want to make a sell. When I bought mine I had 2 dealers within 30 miles of each other fighting for my business. One would offer something and the other would then offer something better and on and on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I absolutely believe it; it has been a month since I bought my mav, I still don't have my title (my brother as well, who bought at the same time). Cant get anyone to return our calls. We also dropped off a Polaris Ranger with transmission problem about 3 weeks ago and we dont even have a diagnosis yet or time frame when it will be finished. Same story, cant get anyone on the phone.

Its a complete joke

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I should have added that I told them up front the price my buddy paid out the door. The salesman always said they would have to speak to the owners, maybe they did, maybe they didn't. Maybe they knew they could sell it to the next person and make more commission. When I called the dealer that I ended up purchasing from, the salesman was all over it. He called me back in ten minutes and started the process. Just stating my experience

·
Registered
668 Posts
My usual dealings are they are quick to sale you something just not quick to take care of issues. But i cant complaint my dealer took care of me a few times.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did get a great price 16200 out the door. Unfortunately like I stated, I was misled after the sale.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not bashing Can am, I just wondered if it was only me who has had a hard time with the dealers

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was set on buying a 1000 4 seater rzr called 5 polaris dealers just to find out want colors they had on hand first did not even talk price and not one called me back. So started looking at can am maverick 4 seater called 1 dealer and even called me back so I bought it there. Told him about polaris and he said the hell with them then. Glad I got the can am now!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In my area the Polaris dealers were very quick to return phone calls, I even had a hard time getting them to stop calling...haha. I even went and test drove the new 900 trail. Not bashing polaris but Can Am had what I was looking for, and the polaris dealerships said they had the best product and weren't willing to deal much on a brand new model that just came out. So as soon as I 100% made up my mind and started calling Can am dealers it surprised me with their lack of communication.

·
Registered
584 Posts
16,200 out the door? I got my base model 1000r for pretty damn close to that. I haven't had to use my dealer since I bought mine, since the day it left its been out of warranty lol. I bought my 13 and 9 days later bought my 14 xrs and gave it to my dad. they mis quoted me on the xrs cause I wanted an xxc for him, they priced me and xxc but didn't realize it was an xrs and when I showed up I told them about the mistake and they honored the price

·
Registered
584 Posts
if they wouldn't have then they would have lost several thousand in sales and considering I just bought one 9 days prior it would have a been an idiot mistake on their part

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've seen dealers on anything all over the board, certainly ATV dealers are no different. If I have to drive two hours to find a good place to buy that's the way I do it. I bought my first Polaris in 1992, knew what a good price was and got it. Two years later when a new model came out I went back and got screwed out of $200. The next three machines I bought from two different dealers but I made sure the first knew he had blown his chance. Recently I bought one of the new Polaris 900 Trail 50 inch machines and they knocked off $1000 msrp, no setup or freight for a great deal as nobody discounts a new model, but they did. My whole point is always make the point it's your money that they are trying to get and you know its value.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ive found it easier to talk business in store. now my dealer I have now , all I have to do is call him and tell him what im wanting, he knows to make it right, ive bought 4 rides from him!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Dealers are tough, about the time you find one you like, management changes or they build a new building or something changes to make dealing with them a PITA. It happens everywhere. My case it got a little better. The dealer I dealt with has been in the cycle business for over 40 years. About 10yrs ago, I had a some things go down with them, we butt heads hard. I said I'd never go back!! Well I just happen to stop in to check out a Mav, not planning on buying through them, but wanted to see it up close before I went looking!! Long story short, I told them about the past, basically told them I was there to look, but don't want to buy through them. I waited till the end to tell them this, figured they tell me to get the fk out. But instead, it ended up being the best treatment I ever had!! they sold me a Mav, at a amazing price!! Cant believe they worked that hard to earn my business back!! Some are good some are bad!! Don't trust this dealer 100% yet, but time will tell

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not bashing Can am, I just wondered if it was only me who has had a hard time with the dealers
Nope. Not only you. After giving my dealer $18K I thought since I lived 150 miles away that it might be ok if I emailed him a question or two on stuff not in the manual. Shoot, after getting a response back he grew a monster knot in his shorts and told me his dealership wasn't set up to respond to email and to either call him or stop in to discuss issues personally.

Anyone else had this happening? Hell, I'd a bought a RZR if I'd a known getting a good deal on a Canam meant I had to deal with a dick.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Thanks for bringing a 6 year old thread back to life.

Maybe ask the question to the members here, most of the time we know more than any of the dealers

Barbara

Sent from LBR Logistics

1 - 19 of 19 Posts