Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I've had my 2020 x3 xds turbo rr for 3 weeks now.... installed a soundbar is it so far...

My battery won't keep charge for more than 24 hrs..when I charge and crank machine it is showing 14.2 volts...but if it sits overnight and I come home from work the next day it is dead...

I unplugged soundbar and it is still killing battery within 24 hrs...any ideas what could be my issue? Something simple or should i take to dealer and let them check it out?

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
The resting voltage should not be 14.2. You should be 12.8 resting. a DC AMP CLAMP and knowing how to use it will be helpful here. Its hard to believe its a factory thing . almost certainly its something aftermarket. Pulling fuses may help you see if that is the offending circuit if you have a dc amp clamp. Tim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
14.2 volts while running? I've disconnected the soundbar..so there is nothing connected anywhere aftermarket

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
14.2 running is fine, but the issue is when its not not running. Whats that voltage? Tim

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
I am not following. 11.4 while running ? You need the battery charged while resting to make sure the battery is not the issue. Will the battery hold a charge after being fully charged?

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
The battery is charged at 12.8 volts . You have to know that battery is charged to begin seeing where the issue is. If the battery is not fully charged maybe thats the issue. Resting voltage should be 12.8 if its charged.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not following. 11.4 while running ? You need the battery charged while resting to make sure the battery is not the issue. Will the battery hold a charge after being fully charged?
14.2 while running....11.4 after I turn it off...it will hold there....next day, it won't crank...charge it and it will crank up

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
The battery is already dead at 11.4. Tim

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
See this chart. Tim

Attachments

Reactions: blackout26

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
You don't know yet, you have to try and trickle charge it overnight. You may not be getting it back to proper voltage. The bad thing is once they get that low they never seem to be the same again. Tim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You don't know yet, you have to try and trickle charge it overnight. You may not be getting it back to proper voltage. The bad thing is once they get that low they never seem to be the same again. Tim
I can put it on a charger, and within 4 hours it turns off saying fully charged....let it sit and its dead

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I may add..i got the machine on a saturday.....rode that evening and night...next day tried cranking it up about 3 pm..and it was dead..

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
If the charger said it was full then its dead a few hours later, I suspect the battery is bad and not a draw issue. Tim

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
346 Posts
I put the optima kit in mine. Little bigger than the original but nice fit.
I have lots of accessories.
Or take it in under warranty and get a new battery? No need for a battery upgrade just for a sound bar. I’d guess most are running the stock battery on here without issue.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts