Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Dead battery 2019 sport 1000

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Rich1 
#1 ·
So as the title says I had a dead battery over the weekend, everything was starting fine 2 weeks ago the last time I had it out to install the roof and the 4 point harnesses. So the question is do these machines have any drainage issues that are known? Thanks for any input. Also the battery is new.

#3 ·
I don't believe I have any parasitic power loses, but each machine is different depending on your additional add-ons. When you either charge the battery, or buy a new one, I would clamp a current meter on the battery to determine any loses. It may also be an opportunity to buy a bigger battery?

#9 ·
Go with the larger battery. The factory battery is a cheap knock off low cranking amp battery. Just spend the money and get the Can Am Battery Upgrade kit and put in an AGM Battery. When my sport was two days old that battery literally started the machine one minute and the next time i started it up, maybe 30 minutes later it was dead. I have a two year warranty on the machine and I called can am and they were just going to put another one of those junkers in. So i went ahead and did the upgrade instead, haven't had problems since.

#10 ·
my battery charger / monitor was sounding an alarm showing just 11.4 volts. i played with connections, changed connection type etc. spent about 15 minutes tearing my hair out.
finally, I looked at the wall outlet, the charger was unplugged from the wall. LOL
sometimes we tend to overthink things

#12 ·
I use a battery minder, plugged in when the machine is parked.

I’ve found that it’s very easy to accidentally leave the key switch in the accessory position when shutting down. That will kill the battery, but you knew that 😉

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.