Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I did what it said for the first 30 miles. Nothing over half throttle, nice and easy on the gas, nothing too fast. I did not put it under a heavy load at all. Once I hit 30 I put it in sport mode and opened it up a bit. I got on the gas, still varying the gas for the rings as recommended....went into a slide and boom. Nice loud bang and then it never moved again. I was not beating on the thing, very frustrating. I am editing the video that should have captured it and will post shortly. I hope it's nothing serious, and I can't imagine why I should not be able to do what I was doing. I did far worse with my Wildcat....it's at the shop. And I looking at a huge bill or do I have a chance of warranty?

Thanks for any and all help.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Did it break a belt or clutch?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
your covered if under 6 months

·
Premium Member
8,470 Posts
I have absolutely no idea what's wrong with it or why. I just know it's busted up.
I find it amazing you have no idea what is wrong. When something breaks do you not look for signs of what happened? Motor revs but you go nowhere in any gear. Hmmmmmm what makes the machine move? Ummmm. Yeah is a belt, they break due to the shitty brp design.

Open the clutch cover and replace the belt for fawks sake!!!!!!! Its a known problem.

How the eff do you mouth breathers make it out of your houses everyday amazes me. To buy a machine and drive it in BFE and not have any plans of how to fix or even get home if something breaks is just pure amazing to me.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I find it amazing you have no idea what is wrong. When something breaks do you not look for signs of what happened? Motor revs but you go nowhere in any gear. Hmmmmmm what makes the machine move? Ummmm. Yeah is a belt, they break due to the shitty brp design.

Open the clutch cover and replace the belt for fawks sake!!!!!!! Its a known problem.

How the eff do you mouth breathers make it out of your houses everyday amazes me. To buy a machine and drive it in BFE and not have any plans of how to fix or even get home if something breaks is just pure amazing to me.
The hostility is unwarranted and unnecessary. Why the hell you'd cop this attitude is beyond me. You must be an angry miserable person. I don't care to work on my things, my time is more valuable. Its also my choice, but I do try to understand why it happened. I'd ask you respect that.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts

Lmao

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
It's either a shredded belt, or a broken primary bolt. It's hard to believe you shredded a belt in the first 30 miles, especially in that type of terrain. Either should be covered under warranty. That vid looks and sounds just like when my belt shredded, and also when my primary bolt broke.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Sure makes me and maybe the rest of us wonder if or when the belt or bolt is going to give that have the stock clutch. I took my Maverick out for the first ride this past week since I bought it in May. I put 120 miles and no clutch issues but I did hear my belt squeal for a moment at initial throttle last night while night riding. After reading everything about the clutch issues, I got scared and rode back to the motel. I did bring tools and an extra belt (Gates C12) with me in case something happen to the belt but if my bolt would have snapped I would have been shit out of luck.

I'm planning on getting the QSC/STM setup but until then I feel like I am riding on eggshells.

·
Registered
664 Posts
It sounded like a belt. The best thing you could do is learn to change the belt. That way next time it happens you can grab your spare and change it faster than it prolly took you to tow it out and just keep on riding.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I bet the bolt broke. I know the sound, it happened to me. When you let off and on to spin a donut the clutch slipped and broke the bolt. Just my opinion. Hopefully for you it isn't. The other thing is a belt wouldn't blow that easy, you weren't hard on it. What a joke this clutch debacle is. Total cost of my claim was $3400 for warranty. I can't believe it was that much. A local dealer here said there is a lot more breaking according to Can Am.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts

X2 I feel the same way but damn your harsh !!!! Lol

1 - 20 of 47 Posts