Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Don't you recommend that a certain number of miles be on the stock clutch before you buy the clutch kit?

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't you recommend that a certain number of miles be on the stock clutch before you buy the clutch kit?
No sir, in reality since they all drop RPM and everyone should have the stud update and torque the clutch themselves the minute they buy it then put it in then if you want to.

The miles thing I ever mentioned come into play talking about if you was going to have the clutch issue it would happen within 500 miles but the above is good advice too

Todd

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Todd, you are making all the right efforts for the community, and I doubt there are many of us that don't appreciate it. Here is the problem. We all know that the clutch is a weakness in the Maverick. I am weighing options on the clutch, and considering all of them. What I won't do though is throw $250 at a turd just to polish it. So, maybe just speaking for myself...this would be a much easier pitch if you got someone to bring in a stock Mav and you raced it side by side and made a video of it to SHOW the gains. $250 is a decent chunk of the way to a QSC or something. Wish you could find a way sir.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
todd how is that new clutch coming from team or ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts