Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just got my mav back home from the dealer. I just went out and tried it and it works f'n awesome now, no rpm drop what so ever. When I first pin the throttle I see 7250 for a split second and then instantly goes to 7500 7700 7900 then 8000. All that happens in a matter of 2 ta 3 seconds. I also let out of the throttle at about 60mph and pinned it again and went right to 7900 rpm. It's so weird now not hearing the rpms fall, it just keeps on pulling. Anyone who's mav is doing the rpm deal I recommend this kit ASAP, also I'm Sure all you guys mav's do this, it's just a matter if u know it or not!!

Thank you so much to Dale from Dalton Industries...Scott

·
Registered
410 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the update. Did the dealer charge you extra for the install or were they in there already?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Glad you are are fixed now! Go enjoy it :smile:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dale from Dalton just sent me this after i sent him my post..

The shift pattern is correct and it sets up the proper sequence for getting shifted out at the right time. Remember, after about 50 mph the clutches are fully shifted and not controlling the rpm much after that...unless it got way "overshifted" too early like how it was with the stock components.

On top of that, your dealer has probably followed our instructions and torqued the whole primary assembly together properly and the clutches will not be slipping on the taper.

You should see a great improvement. Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Ok, I just got my mav back home from the dealer. I just went out and tried it and it works f'n awesome now, no rpm drop what so ever. When I first pin the throttle I see 7250 for a split second and then instantly goes to 7500 7700 7900 then 8000. All that happens in a matter of 2 ta 3 seconds. I also let out of the throttle at about 60mph and pinned it again and went right to 7900 rpm. It's so weird now not hearing the rpms fall, it just keeps on pulling. Anyone who's mav is doing the rpm deal I recommend this kit ASAP, also I'm Sure all you guys mav's do this, it's just a matter if u know it or not!!

Thank you so much to Dale from Dalton Industries...Scott
Any chance of straight line racing a stock one and filming to show the difference?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts